Chapter Thirty-Seven.

“What are you doing there?” I exclaimed a persistent smile still glowing on my face.

“I got a job because my mum keep complaining at how lazy I am, that’s why I left early this morning. Sorry.” He muttered not meeting my eyes. I sighed.

“Haley told me you left to met up with Sarah.” I grumbled at the sound of Sarah’s name.

“That was my excuse, I was hoping no one would find out about my job, it would make a crease on my reputation.” He mumbled, his voice sounding guilty. I rolled my eyes over to Dylan and grinned.

“Stupid boys and your reputations.” I said raising an eye brow, Dylan kept glaring at Ryan whilst I did the opposite. I scooted over and gestured Ryan to sit.

“I can’t stay, I have orders to dish. Including yours. What will it be? One latte, and you bro?” Ryan said flipping his notepad out and getting his pen ready.

“A Pepsi, would be great thanks.” Dylan grumbled, his whole mood changing into a dark aroma. I nudged my foot into his shin and he groaned in pain. His eyes snapped over to me and I gesture to me nice. He just rolled his eyes. What the hell got catch in his ass. I slid my eyes back to Ryan and grinned.

“You guys ready to order?” Ryan asked politely as he finished writing down the order for Pepsi.

“No−”

“Yes−”

Me and Dylan disagree in unison, we heard a low chuckle from Ryan and I flashed a toothy smile.

            “Sorry give us a minute.” I murmured and Ryan smiling with concern stirring through his eyes as he trailed off to his other orders.

“What’s your problem!” I grunt looking at Dylan who was still glaring at Ryan as he left.

            “Nothing’s my problem, he’s the problem.” Dylan steered as he slid his narrowed eyes back to me, softening as they moved.

            “Please, I don’t know what has happened between you two, and I don’t want to know but for my sake, try and be civil around me.” I said slowly meaning every word.

            “Okay sorry. Let’s not ruin this lunch date.” He grinned and I smiled back with the same shine in my teeth. “Hey you wanna go back to my place after?” he asked and I titled my head in confusion.

            “I thought your mum needed you to go get some groceries.” I stated, my voice cracking slightly.

            “Oh. . yeah! Thanks for reminding me.” He replied smoothly and I smiled.  

            “Yeah getting groceries suck!” I laughed and he chuckled lowly. “I’ll just ask Ryan to give me a lift home after this lunch date.” I said quickly, watching his eyes widen in surprise then narrow with jealous.

            “I don’t think that’s a good idea.” He mumbled.

            “Its fine, I’ll ask him when he comes with our drinks. Family first.” I grinned then looked past Dylan’s bewildered face to met Ryan grinning like a goofy school kid, a circle tray placed in his hands, with him balancing one steamy cup of latte, and a chilled Pepsi. He trailed over to us, I ignored Dylan’s protests of Ryan giving me a lift as Ryan approached us, Dylan quietened down.

            “Your drinks.” Ryan said politely laying them down on the table.

            “How very professional of you.” I grinned as Ryan stood with straight posture, one arm behind his back.

            “All part of the job baby.” Ryan grinned, flashing me a wink. Dylan growled and I placed my hand on his thigh for reassurance. He instantly calmed a soft smile playing at his lips.

            “Just got less professional.” I teased and he bow very so slightly a low chuckle escaping his lips.

            “My apology’s miss.” He murmured and I felt my knees down slightly weak as my hand slid off Dylan thigh and he frowned.

            “You guys ready to order?” he Ryan his gaze flicking between us. I looked at Dylan and he gave a brief smile.

            “Yeah, I’ll have the Ratatouille and Danielle will have her favourite the−” Dylan started but was cut off by Ryan.

            “The chicken fritters and French baguette, with a side salad.” He said whilst grinning as he wrote down the order and smiled at me. I felt my cheeks flush two pools of ruby red.

            “Yeah that.” Dylan muttered at Ryan and I gave him a apologetic smile. But he just sulked more. I sighed turning my head back to Ryan.

            “Ryan when does your shift finish?” I asked peering up at him. He grinned wider.

            “About fifteen minutes why?” he answered quickly. I gave an innocent smile and he narrowed his eyes a playful grin slipping on his lips.

            “Dylan have to go get groceries for his mum, so could you give me a lift home?” I asked quickly, hoping my voice didn’t sound too desperate.

            “My mum can get groceries an−” Dylan protested with a sharp irritated groan, but Ryan shook his head.

            “Dylan, Family first mate, it’ll be my pleasure to give Elle a lift home.” Ryan said slowly keeping a straight face.

            “Fine.” Dylan replied and I rolled my eyes at his rudeness.

            “Your food will be done soon.” Ryan said calmly as he took our menus and stomped off into the kitchen. Dylan muttered curse words under his breath and I couldn’t help but feel curiosity on whatever happened between them.

            “I lied.” I said quickly, his eyes snapped up to meet mine and he kept his face emotionless. I drifted my hand onto the table and grasped his. He smiled ever so slightly at my kind gesture as he thumb gently rubbed the palm of my hand.

            “About what?” he answered his voice keeping his calm.

            “I want to know what happened between you and Ryan.” I murmured softly but my voice didn’t calm his muscles, his body tensed as he gripped my hand tighter. I winced slightly drawing my hand away. “Tell me please.” I whined softly and he snapped.

            “Drop it! I don’t want to talk about it!” He hissed, the venom in his voice made my eyes rim with liquid as I dropped my head and stared at the table, keeping quiet until our food would arrive.

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT AND VOTE!!

I'll upload a new chapter tomorrow, if I get four votes and three comments! :D

I know it might seem mean, but I really want to know how you think my story is going. I'd really appreciate it :D it! xx

FrancescaR