Chapter Ten.

Chapter Ten.

I walked down the waving to Ryan’s car as he left me. I knew my way around, of course. I jogged down to the street and spotted that tiny modern cottage that was perched at the edge of the street, an outsider from the other houses. The cottage was made out of grey stone that was sat in layers until it made its way up to the brown slate roofing. The cottage had large windows and a small wooden door. It bought back so many childhood memories. I skipped towards like small wooden door, imitating little red riding hood. I stuck my bum out a little as I leant forwards and knock on the door. Behind the door I heard a muffled,

“James! Put some pants on!” That was my grandma Georgina, Crazy thing, doesn’t act her age at all. She’s seventy six.

The door swung open as I smiled at her, she had short spiky white hair with light pink streaks flashing through, her skin was pale and wrinkly but her huge welcoming smile spoke otherwise. She had big hazel eyes and a thin pair of large spectacles that sat on the end of her nose.

            “Danielle what a pleasure!” She exclaimed as she gave me a tight hug, I hugged her back knowing she might not around much longer. And not because of age. She has cardiovascular disease, causally known as heart disease.

            “How are you grandma? Taking your medication?” I stared at her sighing. She pulled back from our hug and pulled me into the house. I immediately felt that warm toasty feeling I got whenever I came here.

            “Of course my dear! I’ll fix you up a coffee go take a seat with your granddad.” She cooed rushing into the kitchen before I could answer. I exhaled a laugh as I walked into the living room to see Grandpa James, he had a short stubble which didn’t match his longish hair which had been seriously gelled back. He had a smirk on his face when he saw me, he had a mass of wrinkles but great upper body strength. I smiled back at him and hugged him tightly.

            “Missed you grandpa!” I squealed against his shoulder.

            “Missed you two darling, take a seat.” He said in that same grumbled tone, I chuckled at the same old grandpa and perched my bottom on the sofa, letting the warmth soak my tired muscles.

            “Aww.. . .” I trailed off as I stretched my hands up into a yawn.

            “How’s school?” Grandpa said looking at me intensively. I grinned, same question as always.

            “It’s great Grandpa, how’s home?” I asked raising an eye brow at him. He gave that smug smile again,

            “I get to spend every day with your grandma, its bliss!” he grumbled with a smirk, I chuckled as I sunk deeper into the sofa.

            “Do you like my look?” I asked as I span around in a circle letting my dress flare beautifully. Grandpa’s eyes widened as he smile.

            “My little princess grew into a queen.” She whispered as he smiled.

            “That’s what Sabrina’s calling me!” I squealed falling back onto the sofa again.

“She keep calling me Queen Danielle? Yeah I have weird friends.” He chuckled,

            “Unique friends?” he suggested with a cocky smile. I grinned back. Just then I heard the door bell go, I was about to go and get it when Grandma shouted,

            “I’ll get it!” I heard rushing footsteps. I grinned,

            “How do you put up with Grandma? She’s so lively and you’re so. . .no offence but lazy.” Grandpa laughed, I smiled.

            “Sometimes, it’s the unlikely people that get together, when I was younger your grandma was my best friend, I never thought I’d now be married to her, but look.” He said gazing pass me as if at memories. Bless.

“Grandma just lively when your there.” He mumbled with a grin, I exhaled another laugh as Grandma came in with my coffee, followed by a familiar figure.

            “Ryan?” I exclaimed in surprise, why is he there? Grandma passed me my coffee and I mouth ‘thank you’

“What are you doing here?” I asked cocking an eye brow at him. He smirk as he slid into the sofa next to me. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Can’t let my best friend go home without a lift.” He replied looking so innocent, he knew my grandparents would go soft about him.

            “Aww! That’s so sweet, Honey you should get a good guy like Ryan to go out with.” Grandma exclaimed, scarlet blushed to my cheeks and my heart accelerated.

            “Grandma! He’s my best friend, not boyfriend.” I said quickly trying to avoid the conversation.

            “I remember when you were younger, you used to always talk about how you wanted to marry Ryan when you were older.” Grandma grinned shaking her head slowly. I groaned, hoping Ryan didn’t hear any of that, but I was wrong.

            “Is that so?” Ryan asked raising an eye brow at me with a smug smile. I groaned again.

            “Yes I remember when she bought home some haribo sweet rings, but before she could give it to you she eat it.” Grandpa chuckled shaking his head also. I groaned again sinking into my seat extremely embarrassed.

            “Err. . .well we better get going!” I said jumping out my seat and rushing towards the door.

            “But you just got here!” Grandma exclaimed.

            “Sorry Grandma I’ll visit very soon.” I said with a huge smile as I dragged Ryan out the house with me.  As soon as the small wooden door shut I dashed towards the car.

            “Aw you wanted to marry me, how sweet.” He said squeezing my shoulders. I rolled my eyes, and slipping into the front seat and fastened my seat belt.

            “That was like ages ago, when I had a crush on you.” I whispered as I stared out the window.

            “You had a crush on me?” He scoffed a laugh. Shit! I can’t believe I just said that, I immediately regretted it, might as well tell him the rest now.

            “Yes, I did from the age of four until eight, so then I just gave and decided to come best buds with you.” I mumbled nodding my head as I smiled.

            “Wow, that’s a shock! I guess I didn’t really know girls that well then.” He exclaimed smiling hugely. I rolled my eyes,

“You think.”