Chapter Twenty-Two.

Chapter Twenty-Two.

His smiled quickly faded when he saw me, his eyes turning into an angry glare. I flinched backwards but he struck out a speedy hand and pull me out the house, the snap of the door rung through my ear drums.

            “No need to be rude!” I grumbled standing awkwardly in front of Ryan. I heard an furious exhale, Lord he’s mad, I clenched my eyes shut and looked down.

            “Danielle are you thick?” Ryan asked softly. . I opened my eyes in confusion and looked up at him.

            “No!” I snapped, I’m not dumb. .

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes! Where is this leading?” I asked raising an eye brow.

            “Oh I think you know, else you wouldn’t have been avoiding me the past days, would you?” he grunted crossing his arms across his chest. I badly wanted to reach out my arms and comfort him, but I didn’t.

            “Funny thing about that. . .Ha. . Ha.” I mumbled smiling at Ryan with innocence, he did not give in.

            “You think this is funny! He practically raped you and now your dating. Just Great!” he shouted glaring down at me.

            “He didn’t rape me!” I snapped meeting his glare, he narrowed his eyes with me mirroring his actions.

            “Yeah but he’s only dating you because you became popular and he wants his reputation to go up!” Ryan yelled in my face, immediately tears pricked my eyes and a huge dagger stabbed my gut, those words hurt.

            “For your information, I ASKED HIM OUT!” I shouted back, and he tumbled back slightly, fury and hurt possessed me as I shouted angrily,

“If Dylan’s like that then YOUR just like him anyway, A hot-assed Jock that’s only dating a girl for his reputation! In this case, SARAH RANDOL THE CHEERLEADING WHORE OF THE SCHOOL! Congratulations.”  I said bluntly as tears streamed down my face making my face feel heavy.  I sniffled as I opened grandmas door and slammed Ryan in the face.

            “Just need the Loo!” I shouted my voice cracking slightly from the doorway, I heard two voices shout in unison. .

            “Ok darling!” with the approval, I jogged up the stairs slowly and trailed my body into the bathroom. I let the remaining tears fall down my face, after my sniffles cleared I borrowed some of Grandma’s makeup and quickly covered up the pools of red at were perched under my eyes and on my cheeks. Once my completion cleared up, I dated back down stairs and prepared the family dinner.

We sat around the dinner table munching down our cottage pie.

            “Grandma taught you well!” Grandma cooed and I giggled, she obviously liked the pie I made.

            “Thank Grandma.” I muttered freeing slightly low since my huge argument with Ryan.

            “Darling, do you have Ryan’s number?” She asked and I cocked up an eye brows in unison with Grandpa.

            “Yes. . .but why?” I asked curiously a smirk growing on my face.

            “I invited him to Dinner, but he didn’t show. . .  never mind.” she muttered frowning slightly. I felt extremely bad at those words, I had to cheer her up.

            “Actually Ryan did call me, he said he so very sorry he couldn’t make it but he has to revise for his exam tomorrow.” I said proud of my amazing acting and quick lie. Grandma looked up grinning,

            “Oh yes he was telling me about his exam.” Grandma said and my eyes widened, that was lucky. A lie which is true. I grinned at myself.

I looked at my empty plate, then back at the clock on the wall. 7:21pm. I rolled my eyes, and let out a long yawn.

            “I think I better be going home.” I said frowning, Grandma and Grandpa nodded in understanding.

            “Of course, it’ll start getting dark soon.” Grandpa said with a frown and I pulled them into a group hug.

            “I’ll visit soon.” I said cheerfully as I quickly popped my plate into the sink and headed for the door.

I pushed open my front door, home at last. I tugged off my shoes and walked into the lounge were my father was typing on his computer busy at work.

            “Good evening daddy.” I whispered calmly as I slipped into the seat next to him, he turned his attention off the computer and smiled at me.

            “Hey Honey.” He greeted then added quickly.

“I have some bad news.” He admitted.

sorry its slightly short D:. be writing tomorrow :)