Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.

“Miss Smith, how nice of you go join us.” Grumbled Mr. Turner, as he pointed sharply to my new seat. I nodded slowly and took my appointed seat silently, trying to avoid his glaring eyes.

“Now class, the assessment will begin in a minute, its independent work. Only. so if I catch any of you copying another classmates work. It’ll be detention after school.” He hissed as he flashed a fake smile through his yellow teeth. Mr. Turner is a mid-aged man who lost his looks at the age of twenty five. He now has a bald lifeless head, pale cold skin and bags of wrinkles that are multiplying each year. I rolled my eyes towards my paper, and tried to focus on the questions. . .something hit my ear. I flinched looking behind me, Derek was smiling at me. That’s a first. He grinned as he nodded towards me and handed me a note. A note?

I took the note and mouthed ‘thank you’ to Derek. He blushed slightly as he looked down at my chest once more. I quickly twisted around intercepting Derek’s peering eyes. I looked down at the note in my hands, who’s it from? Derek? I slowly unravelled the piece of paper to find a pile of neat hand writing at read:

Danielle you look beautiful. Dylan x

That was it. Dylan that heartbreaking gorgeous, amazing, sporty, sexy. . .what am I saying. He dumped Me! I’m not going through that heartbreak again. I screw up the piece of paper and quickly threw it in the nearest trash can.

Finally Lunch! I grabbed my bag and rushed towards the cafeteria, I dashed down the corridor until a block of muscles blocked my path. I didn’t look up, it was rude in my world to look up at anyone who was higher popularity ranking in our school, but now I’ve changed my look where does that put me?

            “Sorry, excuse me?” I whispered pushing pass the figure, I managed to walk two steps before a hand grabbed my wrist forcefully and pulled my towards its chest. I gasped raising my eyes to look at the figure of muscles.

            “Danielle you look stunning.” Dylan whispered dreamily as he pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. A cold shiver trembled through my body making me tense slightly. He never talked to me at school before. Why now?

            “Why, thank you.” I whispered gazing at the floor. I felt myself get clammy under his touch, my heart accelerated as he leaned in slightly with a alluring smirk stuck on his face. He brought his finger up to my chin and gently lifted my face to met his eyes.

            “I. . I. . should be. .going. .” I murmured as I got lost in his Caribbean blue eyes, they shimmered as he smiled.  

            “You’ve finally blossomed.” He whispered against my ear, his calming voice caressed the rim of my ear lobe. I inhaled sharply, feeling slightly uncomfortable on where ever his was going. I pulled away from him but his grip just tightened around me, I hissed at his sharp nails that dug into my hips.

            “Your hurting me!” I managed, as I wheezed out a cough. His arms immediately loosened around me as his eyes relaxed when I didn’t run away. Trust me I was tempted.

            “I’m sorry.” He muttered almost a whisper, I smiled slightly he never apologised, that smiled was rapidly replaced with confusion.

            “Why are you talking to me?” I asked stepping back slightly. That familiar grin returned to his perfectly shaped jaw. I sighed slowly.

            “Don’t want my girl getting throw into the popularity rankings without someone to guide them.” He stated raising his eye brow at me. I grimaced as I looked at him anxiously. His girl? His ex-girl more like? Popularity rankings?

            “Your girl? I think I’ll pass.” I said turning around as I attempted to walk away. His hand slipped into mine as he began to walk by my side. I winced as I froze on the spot.

            “Your girl? I’ll pass.” I repeated but more firmly as stormed off again. This time he didn’t come after me, but he mumbled,

“You’ll be mine.”

I tensed slightly at those words, but continued darting out of Dylan’s sight. Once I turned around the corner, I slammed my back against the wall of the hallway and just breathed. In and out. In and out. My heart beats became tranquil as I let out sharp rhythmic breaths. The words ‘Don’t let Dylan get to you’ repeated constantly in my head, but it didn’t stop the tears rolling down my cheeks. I sobbed, I cried almost three days over him during the summer holiday. But still I didn’t have the courage to replace my longing with anger. I just disguised it as anger, although I wanted someone to hold. Like Dylan.

I quickly wiped my tears as I heard footsteps thump closer. I quickly jumped up and began to walk away, hoping no one had seen me.

            “Danielle! I’ve been looking all over for you!” A familiar voice shouted as he jogged up to my side. Ryan looked at my blotchy red face, and the tears that had stained my cheeks. He quickly grabbed my face and forced it to look at him.

“Danielle, what happened? Are you ok? Did someone hurt you?” he sounded tense and worried, he’d always been the worrying type. I snapped his hands out of my grasp and turned my face away, ashamed.

“I’m Fine.” I muttered trying to walk away, he just kept following me.

            “Danielle you’re not fine. Look at me!” he ordered, staring at me worryingly. I tensed as I turned slowly to met his eyes. He frowned as he stepped forward and wrapped me into a gentle hug.