4

*ROC*

It had been a week since I last saw Rain. I called Angie, her brother, even all the guys, but no one knew where she was...well if they did they didn't tell me. I stayed sober the first 6 nights, but night seven I went out and got beer. When Rain walked through the front door her eyes fell on the beer in my hand and she put her hand back on the door knob.

I put down the beer and wiped my mouth. "No Rain, I'm fine. Please don't leave again."

Her hand fell to her side and she just stood looking at me.

"Oh let me get that!" I said rushing over to her. I took her bag, putting it over my own shoulder and she followed me up the stairs.

"Are you drunk?" She asked me.

"No I swear. I'm fine." I told her.

I put her bag down by the closet and walked over to the bed where she stood. I tried to brush her bangs away from her eyes and she flinched so I pulled my hand away. Her stoic expression changed to a sad, painful look and her eyes watered. She started to punch me hard in my stomach, but it had little affect on me.

"Rain stop." I told her.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" She repeated.

After a while she stopped punching me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I hate you, I hate you." She said weakly.

I felt tears fall from my own eyes and when I tried to kiss her she moved away.

"Brush your teeth." She commanded.

I frowned at the realization that the scent of beer on my breath is what kept her away.

"Ok."

I walked to the bathroom and thoroughly brushed my teeth until only the smell of the minty tooth paste was left. When I turned out the bathroom light and went back to the bedroom the only thing lighting the room was the TV and Rain was already in bed. I layed beside her and wrapped my arms around her waist, it felt like I hadn't done that in forever. After a minute of watching her look blankly at the TV I moved the covers down to the waist band of her pants and lifted her shirt enough to see her stomach.

I kissed her stomach all over and then looked up at her.

"Rain. When can we try again? When will you let me touch you again?" I asked.

For months...since the abuse started there was never an ounce of lust in her eyes, she hated me.

"I don't know Roc. That's up to you. Whenever you stop hurting me. Whenever you start act right and stop drinking."

"I will I promise."

She moved my hands and pulled her shirt down before turning away from me.

"Go to sleep."

I sighed and did what she said.

The next morning I took a day off work and got up early to make Rain some breakfast.

"Baby. Baby wake up." I said, shaking her.

"Hmm? What?" She groaned rubbing her eyes.

I laughed and put the tray on the bed.

"I made breakfast for you."

She tried not to smile, I could tell, but when she saw the flower I put inside a clear plastic cup she did. For the next few days I worked hard to keep her happy, I made dinner, cleaned, took random days off work so we could chill and sometimes I'd clean the pool, which she hated to do.

I was laying with my head in her lap while we watched TV on the couch and her hands played with the curls in my hair.

"Roc, you really still want me to have your baby?" She asked.

Without even looking away from the TV I responded. "Of course."

"Girl or boy?"

"Doesn't matter."

"And what if something goes wrong again?"

My hand flinched and I sat up to look into her watering hastle eyes.

"Nothing would. Cuz I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you again."

"You wouldn't... hit me when you got mad?"

I grabbed her hand, grateful she didn't flinch away.

"Rain I promise I will never hit you again."

She looked away and frowned. "You've said that before."

"Well...I mean it now."

"Lets go upstairs."

I raised my eyebrow and just quietly followed her. The request was random for sure. I shut the bedroom door behind me and when I turned she was taking off her shirt. Oh, that's why she said that...

I took off my own shirt and wrapped my arms around her bare back while she kissed my shoulder.

"Do we need protection?" I asked.

She didn't answer.

"Rain." I said again. "Are we ganna try again?"

She nodded quickly and then resumed kissing me.

"I just want you happy." I managed to say.

She pulled away and scoffed. "Roc if you wanted me to be happy you would shut up!"

I smiled at her frustration, lust finally back in her eyes and we tried again to make a child.