Chapter Twenty Three: Revealing

[[[[[[[[Dedicated to Rodriguez Rubi]]]]]]]]]]]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle stood at the side of stage, she could see people were filling up the seats that were all lined up in rows, she felt a hand grip her shoulder. "You'll be fine. Just don't let the nerves get to you also you look very pretty tonight." Charlotte smiled as she spoke. Isabelle looked down and shuffled her feet. She was wearing a white dress that came down to her knees, and white high heels. Her hair was in curls that sat just below her shoulders.

"I'm really nervous though. I've been practising non stop for 2 days now and every time I get on this stage my nerves take over."

"I'm nervous. I have to dance in front of everyone here!"

"I can't wait to see you dance."

"We all have 2 different dances. We are telling a story in the first one, the second we are just dancing as partners and the last song is just two of the best dancers will be doing their dance for the last. We've never done three dances in the shows before this is the first year we've done more than one dance. Oh here we go. Miss Carter's coming onto the stage. Good luck Izzy."

"Good Luck Char!" Isabelle smiled and held the microphone in her hand.

"Good Evening one and all to this years show. We have a special show tonight as we have the headteacher and a few students from our sister school over in Europe. Can they get a big welcome?" As Miss Carter said that, everyone started clapping. The students and the headteacher stood up and waved a little before sitting back down. "Okay without further ado, here presenting their dances are the students and Isabelle Phillips as the lead singer for tonight. Please give them a warm welcome to the stage." Isabelle stepped a little forward clutching the mic in her hand. She stepped out onto stage being greeted by people clapping. Isabelle in the middle of the stage at the back. As she turned her head to the side she saw all the dancers getting ready to come out. Isabelle looked to Leo who was on the piano. The drummer and guitarists were already to go and they were just waiting for Isabelle's signal.

At least 10 dancers walked onto the stage and all stood facing the audience. Isabelle looked to Leo and nodded slightly. Leo gently started playing the first song. The dancers split from each other. A boy and girl from each side walked into the middle and put their palms together. Isabelle started to sing gently. The dancers told a story about a young girl who was in love with dancing. That the dancing brought out her inner beauty, and she met a boy who also was a dancer. The dance showed how they grew up as friends and then partners until he died. As the story had finished being told then dancers fell down to the floor and laid still, Isabelle finished the last few lines of the song and listened as Leo finished playing the last notes on the piano. Once he stopped, the hall erupted in clapping. Some of the guests smiled as they clapped. The dancers all stood up from the floor and they got into pairs.

Isabelle sang all three of the songs and the dancers danced to their full potential. As the final dance came to a close everyone who was watching the show stood up from their seats and clapped loudly. Miss Carter came onto the stage smiling. She said a quick message and then gestured for the guests to move onto the dining room for refreshments and the rest of the students either go to their dorms. Isabelle turned round to the band and smiled before speaking. "Thank you guys for tonight. You all done really well."

"We want to thank you Isabelle. You sung very well. You should be proud. We definitely could tell that the headteacher of our sister school was impressed with the dancers and you." Liam said, who was sitting behind the drums.

"Wait me? What does that mean?"

"Well after every year this show is on, the headteacher speaks with Miss Carter and offers a few of the students to move over to the school. Some people take the opportunity and go but others who don't want to move far away stay here. Like me. I've been here for 5 years and I play the drums every year, I've had a few offers to move over there but I like it here. Moving over to a different place with different people is honestly not my thing. I'm one of them people who don't like change." Liam laughed. "Any who back get packing up. The halls nearly emptied now." Isabelle turned round to see only a few students left talking with one another. "Hey Isabelle are you going to the party tonight?"