Chapter Nineteen: Distractions

"Have you ever been involved with a hunter?" Isabelle asked as Penny watched her.

"Nope and I don't plan to either. They are nasty pieces of work!" Penny's eyebrows crushed together. "Why?"

"I want to train as a hunter."

"What? No that's the humans job. We get chased by them we don't become them."

"I feel like I should. It's complicated." Isabelle sighed.

"Okay, why did you want to know about witches?"

"I need to find someone. A man." Isabelle looked at her. "John Phillips."

"John Phillips?" 

"Yeah do you know him?"

"I don't know him personally but I've heard of him. He's a vampire from 1913, my mother told me about it when I transitioned. She was a witch and she came across him a few times, always told me and my siblings to stay away. He's a killer Isabelle. Stay away from him. Don't find him, because he'll know, he will find you first before you find him. He's always one step ahead of everyone." 

"He killed my parents. Made my life a living hell, tortured me and ruined my life. I need to kill him." "Don't try to Isabelle. You'll get hurt before he will. He's a hundred year old vampire! Vampires grow stronger over time. You're a new vampire, you'll never be a match for him."

"I need to know where he is. Penny I just want to know, knowing won't hurt will it?" 

"I suppose not. But don't even try to kill him."

"I won't. I promise. I just want to know where he is." 

"Okay fine follow me. I'll take you to the witches." Penny stood up from her seat and walked out of the library. Isabelle followed her in silence.

Leo walked towards his room and opened the door. He just finished gym so he needed a shower. He stepped into the shower and washed his hair. Once he finished he stepped out and quickly towel-dried his hair. He put on some sweatpants and a white t shirt. He walked out of his room and started to walk towards the dining hall. He had to speak to Charlotte about Isabelle. Earlier in class he only heard a little about the conversation she had with Penny about something and he wanted to know. He wanted to know if she was getting herself into some type of trouble and if she was, he wanted to help her whatever the cost. He greeted a few guys who walked past him and smiled. He got to the dining hall and scanned the room for Charlotte. When he caught a glimpse of her he walked over to her quickly and sat down. "Oh hey Leo. What's wrong?" Charlotte spoke first. The girls who Charlotte always hung around with, Katy, Amy and Sasha were sitting with her. 

"I need to speak to you." Leo said quietly.

"Say it then."

"In private." He said almost immediately. 

"Okay fine. Girls I'll be back in a few minutes." Charlotte got up off the bench and walked out of the dining hall round the corner and stood waiting for Leo. He stood in front of her in silence for a few minutes. "So come on spill what do you want?" 

"Charlotte, Isabelle's planning something. I think it's something to do with that John guy. She's putting her life a risk we need to stop her." 

"What are we meant to do Leo. Isabelle's stubborn a few friends who tell her to not do something isn't going to make her stop. It's just going to make her do it more. We can't do anything."

"She's getting involved with witches."

"What kind of witches?"

"The strong ones. The old ones here, the one's that could kill a vampire easily. We have to stop her."