Chapter Eleven: Welcome To Lady Meyers

Isabelle knew it was a stupid way of saying why she was standing outside these huge black metal gates. 'My names Isabelle Phillips. I'm a vampire.' Maybe it could've gone a bit smoother. But what else was she going to say? Isabelle walked down the long path which lead her to the huge building, which spread out over at least 50 acres. Once she got to the huge brown door she was greeted by a woman dressed in a long black coat. She had brown hair that came down to her shoulders and her smile was warming.

"Good evening. You must be Isabelle My name is Miss Carter." She extended her hand and Isabelle grasped it and shook it. "Please come in and may I welcome you to Lady Meyer's." She smiled at her. As Isabelle stepped in, she was astonished at what she could see. She was greeted by immaculate marbled floors. The place was surrounded by students in their casual attire but with a black cloak over their clothes. Some of the girls who walked past smiled at her which made Isabelle feel welcome. "If you would like to follow me, I just need to write a few notes down and submit your documents. I know it sounds strange, but it's worth it in the end." Miss Carter gestured for her to come forward who was now standing in front of a room which lead them into an office.  "If you would please go in and make yourself comfortable." Isabelle walked past Miss Carter and walked into the office. The office was huge. As she walked in, right in front of her was a desk and a chair, with a telephone, books, and pieces of paper. As Isabelle turned her head to the left of the door, all she saw was a bookcase the size of the wall. It was filled with books from the 16th century right through to the present day. As she turned her head to right, there was a massive fireplace, with two armchairs sitting in front. "Okay Isabelle. Please take a seat in front of the desk." Miss Carter walked round and sat in the swivel chair behind her. Isabelle placed her bags lightly on the floor and sat in the chair, it was so comfy. "So I'm just going to ask you a few questions after I've gotten your details. Isabelle sat silently waiting. "Okay Isabelle. Can I ask for your full name?" Miss Carter asked.

"My name is Isabelle Jenny Phillips." Isabelle replied

"Your age?"

"17."

"So you transitioned in your 17th year." She nodded and wrote it down on the paper. "So who made you into a vampire?" Isabelle was confused.

"What do you mean made me into a vampire?"

"You know. Who was the person who fed you their blood and then you died with it in your system?" "No. That's not how I turned."

"Oh?" Miss Carter looked at Isabelle questioningly.

"My bloodline. The Phillips Bloodline. I had the vampire gene in my family, and my father also admitted he did too. Our bloodline was cursed by witches in the 18th century because of something my ancestors done which I don't really know about. I researched it online but there was many different ways of becoming immortal but these one really interested me because it was my surname. Anyways, it said I had to kill to be immortal and that what I did."

"Ah I see.. Carry on." Miss Carter smiled.

"So when I came round to terms of my first kill, I killed my teacher. Then I killed this man who was attacking a girl down a alleyway.. and I killed this other man when I was in a bar a few nights ago. Believe me all I felt was grief and sadness. I couldn't stop" Isabelle started to cry, she had never said anything about this sort of topic to anyone. 

"It's okay. Everyone gets upset when they first arrive. It's okay to cry if you want to get it out." Miss Carter smiled and handed Isabelle a tissue. Isabelle wiped her eyes with it and the remaining eyeliner came off with it.

"I used to be so strong. I used to be confident.. Don't get me wrong I'm confident now and stronger as a vampire, but I'm an emotional wreck. I don't know where to put myself." Isabelle wiped more tears which escaped her eyes.