Chapter Seventeen: The Last Goodbye

Isabelle opened her eyes, and turned her head to a sleeping Leo in the opposite bed. He was snoring lightly and he chest rose and fell every 2 seconds. They slept in the hotel for the night and they would continue on there trip in Pennsylvania. Isabelle quietly got up and looked at the window. It was cloudy and grey which was great, she could walk around without being burnt. Isabelle walked into the bathroom and washed her face. Isabelle regretted not bringing her toothbrush so she could brush her teeth. She tied her hair back in a tight ponytail and straightened out her clothes. She couldn't wait till they got back so she could have a shower and change into fresh clothes. She walked back out and sat on the bed.

A few minutes later Leo woke up. He fluttered his eyelids and gazed at Isabelle. "Morning. How are you?" 

"I'm okay. Bit stressed but I'll be fine." 

"Good. Did you have a nice sleep?" 

"It was alright. Bed was a little lumpy compared to the one back at Lady Meyers." 

"Yeah it was." He smiled. His hair was scruffy and his green eyes were bright. He put his fingers through his hair and sorted it out. He got up from the bed and straightened his clothes out. He stood on one foot and put on his shoe and did the other. "You ready to go? We'll have a little chill out day then go back tonight." 

"Sure." She smiled. "But first I need some mouthwash and toothpaste and a hairbrush!" 

"Your such a girl!" 

"Yeah I am a girl! You think I'm walking around the town where people would see me like this. You have another thing coming Leo!" She smiled while she spoke. 

"Your hair looks fine."  

"Stop lying!" 

"I'm not." He smiled. "Come on let's go. Stop complaining. It's 7am on a Saturday, no one will be up and out."  

"Fine. Let's go." Isabelle walked out of the room first and Leo last locking the door on the way out. They handed the key back to the receptionist and went to the nearest diner. Which was a five minute drive. As they got to the diner, Leo parked the car and walked in. There was a few young girls who were greeting and taking orders. One of them who was slim, tall and had brown hair and blue eyes. She showed them over to their booth and took their drinks orders. "I used to go here every Sunday with my parents. I'm surprised they don't recognise me." 

"You look different from them photos I saw of you. Your hairs changed, and your eyes are a black but that will be fixed with a little blood." He cracked a smile.

"Hi. Here are both of your drinks. Can I take your orders please?" The waitress smiled at Leo. 

"Hey yeah could I get some waffles, drizzled with chocolate and syrup please." Leo said his order and waited until she wrote it down.  

"And you miss?" 

"Yeah. Could I get the American Pancakes with blueberries and strawberries please." She handed the menus back to the waitress. 

"Sure that'll be a ten minute wait." She replied before walking off in the other direction. 

"Tell me about the Sundays with your parents." She sighed and then slowly started talking. 

"We came here every Sunday for brunch. Sunday's were the only time we could all be together as a family. Mom worked as a nurse so she was always at work, and dad he was a builder he was work from early hours of the morning til night. I'd only ever see him before I went to bed. I suppose when you spend majority of your days alone you get used to it. But every Sunday I used to order Waffles and Pancakes. This place makes the best waffles and pancakes! You won't ever forget this place."