Chapter Seven: 1913

Isabelle's dad sat looking at her. "I don't know much but I know enough." Isabelle stared at her father as he continued to talk. "My parents, your grandparents told me this story about our ancestors. It was 1913 and my great grandfather your great great grandfather, was suspected as a vampire. But in them days, if townsfolk didn't look normal they were considered as witches. But it wasn't until the last 18th century that they started to kill people who preyed on innocent victims. Vampires have been around for many many many years.. even some accounts from the prehistoric times. Greece and places around there like Romania is where these accounts came from." Isabelle sat intrigued and her father carried on. "People went mad and I mean mad. They would get people from the nearby towns and villages take them to the leader of the group, carve branches of wood and stake them. The death count went up and up till there was basically not even one human being in the village. The news spread over the world and that's when it brings us to your grandfather. The term Vampire had been around for too long that it basically didn't do anything to people anymore. Our bloodline goes back to 1901 but it could be longer.. but in 1901, witches apparently put a curse on the bloodline which if anything, they would make us hate ourselves until the day we died. But being a vampire wasn't that simple... anyway.. The curse was if we killed someone we would become these immortal demons, which took innocent lives and lived forever with their regret and grief. The thing about vampires is that once we kill the grief takes over and that's what makes us into killers."

"The blood takes over us, makes us lose control... That's what happened with our grandfather, he got too attached to the human world, he could walk around in the daylight because he had a witch with him. Witches could cast spells on clothes, jewellery, or even beverages. Witches back then were strong and if they are still around I bet they are even stronger than before. For a decade he wasn't caught out but this one day he left a trail of blood and police searched everywhere around the town, for witnesses and as they got to his apartment, the room was stained in blood and bodies laid everywhere. One of the officers found his wife drained of her blood and she died. He wanted to kill the person who murdered his wife. That's when the man hunt started, he was close to him when he snapped his neck and ran off somewhere. I don't know if he's still alive, but I imagine so.. I just don't know where he is."

"Have you ever met him?" Isabelle said.

"No I haven't but he's been around long, and my parents said if you ever come across a old vampire stay away. They are strong and powerful. If anyone knew about you, him even our bloodline we would be dead and caught by now. By the way... I'm sorry I reacted that way.. it was a shock and.."

"It's okay dad. I'm sorry I've disappointed you."

"Ah baby, You haven't disappointed me. I still love you, I just... have to get used to it." Isabelle sat still for a minute. The door opened and Sarah walked through.

"Hello guys! Why's it so dark in here?"

"Darling leave the curtains closed until it get's dark." Isabelle's dad told her

"Okay.. I'm just going to get dinner ready..." She took her shopping bags and walked out into the kitchen.

"You know you need to tell her eventually..."

"Dad, I can't... It's too risky for her.. if she found out.."

"I know! I think your mother deserves to know as well."

"I guess so.." Isabelle looked to the floor.

Sarah served up dinner and all three of them sat silently eating until Sarah spoke "Isabelle you have to go back to school. You can't keep staying off of school without any legit reason." Isabelle's dad turned round and stared at Isabelle.

"Okay.. Mom I have something to tell you." Sarah sipped some of her lemonade and set the glass down on the table. "And you may not like it very much." Isabelle just stared at her and pushed the plate away from her.