Chapter Ten: Monster

"Dad? Where are you? Dad?" Isabelle called out. She her a muffled speech. As she kept on walking towards the sound, there was her father. He was strapped around a tree trunk. He feet bare, scratches all up his arms and legs. Isabelle breathed and that's when she smelt it. Blood. Her father was bleeding. He had multiple bite marks, on his wrist, arms and also his neck. The veins under Isabelle's eyes appeared and Isabelle's father closed his eyes in fear. Isabelle turned around and breathed in and out, slowly the veins disappeared. It was her father and she couldn't hurt him anymore. Isabelle bit into her wrist and went to place it on his mouth. He tried not to take it. "Dad! Please this will help you heal. Trust me." Isabelle moved her arm closer to his mouth and then she placed it on. He started to suck some of her blood and then spat her wrist out. As Isabelle watched him the cuts and grazes slowly started disappearing. Finally the deep bite mark on his neck was gone. Just then she heard a scream! It was her mother. "MOM!" Isabelle ran towards the house with her vampire speed. Isabelle got to her house and went to walk in. But was trapped. Somehow the barrier in which she couldn't enter her house was back up. "MOM! What's going on?" Isabelle heard her mother's cry. Isabelle tried pushing against it. Just then as Isabelle was watching John walked around the corner and saw her holding her mother by the scruff of her neck! "LET GO OF MY MOM!!" Isabelle screamed. John's eyes were red and his veins were showing. "Let her go John!!" He stared at Isabelle and showed his fangs. He bit into Sarah's neck and her pierced scream filled the house!! "MOM!!!" Sarah's body was flimsy and John dropped it. Isabelle pushed against the barrier once more but this time Isabelle could get in. She rushed over to her mom who was lying on the floor not breathing. "Mom! Mommy! I'm so sorry! I am please." Isabelle bit into her wrist and placed it to her mom's mouth.. Sarah didn't move or she didn't even try to take the blood. Tears fell from Isabelle's eyes. All she felt was grief, sadness and despair.

Isabelle sat with her mother's body waiting for some sign she was going to be ok. But minutes passed and nothing happened. Just then, Isabelle heard panting. It was heard father he had just caught up with her and he was trying to catch his breath. "Dad! She's dead!" Isabelle ran to him and he engulfed her in a hug. 

"Isabelle you need to leave." 

"What? No I'm not leaving you!" 

"I'm going to be next, you go find a safe place. Run." Isabelle wiped the tears from her eyes and hugged her dad for the last time. She went to walk out the front door but John was there he had a large piece of wood and shoved it into Isabelle's abdomen and then into the wall behind her. "No! Leave her alone! You monster!!" Isabelle's dad shouted out. Isabelle tried to breath but the impact of the wood was just scraping her heart. "Leave her and take me! Kill me."  

"No. Dad." Isabelle tried to get the wood out. "Leave him alone." John was behind Isabelle's dad. He put both of his hands on each of his neck. Isabelle's dad mouthed the words 'I love you.' John twisted her dad's neck and it snapped. His body fell on the floor in a big hump. "Dad!!" Isabelle screamed. "No dad." She looked up but John was gone. Isabelle pushed against the wall... As hard and she could. The pain was unbearable and tears filled her eyes. With one last push she was free from the wood and fell down next to her dad. "Dad! Dad! No! Please!" She put her wrist to his mouth "You'll be okay. You have my blood... Dad!" Nothing, his breathing had stopped and there was no pulse. Isabelle had lost both of her parents within 30 minutes of each other. She couldn't stay here any longer with John still alive. She ran upstairs and got a huge bag. She put clothes and shoes, pictures, her mac book and her personal belongings that she couldn't leave behind. She slipped the bag over her shoulder and walked downstairs.

She stood in front of her now dead parents lifeless bodies, bent down and kissed them both on the cheek. Isabelle finally left the house she once called home and walked down the street. There was cars going past watching her. To them there was just a girl with a large bag who had been crying because her make up was everywhere. A car pulled up and ask if she was lost. She bent down and looked at the person. "Get out of your car and leave me alone." The person agreed, got out and walked away. Isabelle ran round to the driver's side. She didn't know if she could drive but she had to get out of here. She would of taken her mother's car but that would've been too suspicious. Isabelle threw her bag in the back of the car, put the seatbelt on and started to drive.

She was passing loads of signs which indicated that she had to turn onto the highway 40 yards. Isabelle turned onto the highway and drove at the speed she was required to go. 3 hours into the journey she pulled over into a nearby motel with services. Isabelle checked in and sat in the room. She ordered room service and ate that quietly. After the food she went on her mac book. She looked at that girls post again. 'I'm better here now.' Isabelle knew she had to go to this school... She had been through to much today for her to carry on. Isabelle laid on her pillow, pulled the cover over her body and gently went to sleep. 

Isabelle woke up the next morning, she wiped the sleep from her eyes and sat up in the uncomfortable bed. Isabelle pulled herself up from the bed and went to the bathroom. After she had put her eyeliner on and straightened her hair and picked up everything she had taken out, she picked up her bags and left the room. Isabelle walked over to her parked car, unlocked the door and threw her bags in. Once she had locked her car back she went to the motel reception being greeted by the receptionist. "Good morning Miss. I hope you had a nice rest."

"I did thank you. Is this where I pay?"

"Yes it is. Cash or card?" Isabelle rummaged around in her bag and found her purse.

"Card. If that's okay."  Isabelle smiled. The lady gave Isabelle the machine, and Isabelle put the card in the machine and paid for her room. "Thank you." Isabelle smiled at her, and walked out. When she got back to her car and sat in the car and rested her head on the steering wheel. She spun the bracelet around her wrist. If she could get rid of it she would but it helped her walk around in the daylight without getting harmed. Isabelle sat up and turned on the radio and started the engine. She put the car in gear and set off. Isabelle turned onto the highway and kept going for hours. Isabelle crossed the border from America to Canada. Isabelle drove all the way through Canada. Isabelle continued on and stopped in St Johns.  She pulled over in the nearest car park and parked the car. Isabelle got out and went to the nearest restaurant. As Isabelle pushed the glass door open the bell rang. A waitress came up to her and showed her to the seat. 

"Good afternoon ma'am. May I take your drinks order?" The young, blonde waitress smiled at her

"I'll just a cola please."

"Okay I'll bring that for you." Isabelle looked at the menu she didn't really fancy anything other than blood. But she couldn't have blood. She had to eat normal food. The waitress came back with her glass of cola on the tray. "Are you ready to order?" The waitress put her glass down in front of her.

" Yeah, can I have a cheese and ham omelette with fries please." Isabelle smiled and gave her menu to her. "Thankyou." 

"Your food will be with you in 5-10 minutes. If you need anything else, please just get my attention." The waitress smiled and walked away. Isabelle looked in her bag and took out her mac book. She searched the web, on how many miles she had left to get to Nova Scotia. She had over an hour's journey left. Isabelle noticed the battery on her mac book was dying so she turned it off and put it back in her back. Just then the waitress brought her order up and placed on on the table. "Enjoy. Miss." She smiled and walked away. Isabelle tucked into her food straight away when it sat down. Her energy had dropped down to a level she didn't think she was going to survive. With all the things she went through in the last 24 hours. She was lucky to be in St Johns. Isabelle finished her plate of food and her drink. The waitress came over and picked up her plate. "Enjoyed it?" She smiled.

"Yes it was very lovely. Compliments to the chef." Isabelle smiled back. She put down a $10 bill and picked up her bag and walked out the door to her car.

Isabelle carried on with the remaining part of her journey. She had to go down many tight roads to get to the dirt road which drove her towards the forest. It started to get dark now, so she had to try and find this place before she couldn't find it at all. Isabelle drove all around the island on a dirt path. Isabelle turned a corner and in the distance there was a large mansion. It looked black and definitely knew it was Lady Meyers. Isabelle pulled up in front of the huge building. She took the keys out of the engine and put them in her bag. Isabelle pulled the bag from the seat and slung it over her shoulder, slammed the car door shut and walked to the huge black metal gates. Isabelle pressed the button which was next to little screen which showed a camera. "Hello. Who's there?" a voice came through the speaker.

"Hi my name's Isabelle Phillips. I'm... I'm a vampire." Isabelle said into the speaker. 

"Come on in. Isabelle." The gate buzzed and Isabelle walked in.