Chapter Eight: Let The Right One In

"What did you want to tell me?" Sarah looked at Isabelle wanting to know what she was going to say.  

"Mom... I don't know how to say this." Isabelle looked to her dad. "I'm a vampire."  

"You're a..." She stared at her "No you're not one of them.. They are just in books and movies.. They don't exist.. legends."  

"No Mom, I really am.. I'm a vampire. I can show you."  

"No! I don't wanna know! You're lying!"  

"Darling it's true. She is. I know because she showed me." Isabelle's father butted in.  

"No! I will not believe it. You both are lying!" Sarah went to walk into the kitchen when Isabelle was already standing in front of her. "What? How did you?"  

"Please. Mom just listen to me."  

"No! Now move out of my way." Isabelle brought down her fangs and the veins under her eyes appeared.  

"Listen to me. I want to explain." Sarah stepped back  

"You drink blood, you go places fast, What else is there to know?"  

"I killed my teacher."  

"YOU WHAT?!"  

"I killed my teacher, Mrs Henry. They've found her body.. and they are investigating it.. The school's closed and won't open for a few days. They'll come for me.. when they find out I've not been out about the town for ages."  

"Why would you do this to me Isabelle? You were sweet and now.. now you're this! You're a monster! A demon!"  

"Mom! I'm still me.. Just different. I still act the same."  

"But you will always crave blood. You could always attack me or your father."  

"I would nev-"  

"You may not... but you will always have the craving."  

"Mom! Please I promise you I won't ever hurt you." Isabelle held her arms out.. "Can I have a hug? Too show you... Please?" Sarah stepped closer and hugged her only daughter. Isabelle felt warm and just like Sarah always remembered her.

"No I can't. Isabelle I can't accept who you've become." Sarah said and turned around and walked into the kitchen. Tears from Isabelle's eyes fell, this was the first time she had ever cried since she became a vampire. Isabelle ran upstairs to her room. She had finally confessed to her parents what she was and her mother didn't want to know her.  

"Sarah come on please, she's heartbroken..."  

"No I didn't want anything to be true. I married you to have a life.."  

"And you did. Just because our daughter isn't human doesn't mean we can leave her to fend for herself. We don't know whats out there in the huge wide world. We just have to survive."

Isabelle sat in her room, looking at the curtains. Basically her mother didn't want to know her anymore. She stood up from her bed and walked over to her curtains. She whipped them open and the sun was high in the sky.. Isabelle's skin started to burn and bubble. The smell of burning flesh filled the room, she stood there watching her skin burn. Her dad walked up to her room and looked in and said "What are you doing!?" Isabelle quickly closed the curtains and moved to her bed within a flash. "Why are you doing that? I can see what it's doing to you. Your skin is scarred and bruised." 

"Mom don't want me. So what's the point in me living anymore."  

"You have a wide wide world out there you could explore. You're going to live forever and you're going to meet the man of your dreams.. and live your lives out. Don't try to end your life because of your mother."