Chapter Six: Questions

Isabelle was sitting downstairs, with all the curtains closed the next morning. Her parents had gone out to work and now she was sitting in complete darkness. The curtains shielded her from the sun. Last night Isabelle killed a man. She was becoming a ruthless vampire and one sight of blood sent her into a frenzy. But she had saved a girl who would've been hurt and beaten up by a sick man. Isabelle was flicking through the channels and came to the morning news. There was a headline which said 'MISSING WOMAN'S BODY FOUND BURIED DEEP IN THE WOODS JUST OUT SIDE OF TOWN HAS BEEN NAMED.'

The news reporters had been at the scene all morning, with officers and forensics when Mrs Henry's body was found by a dog walker. Isabelle thought hiding the body in a place no one would find it. But that wasn't the case. Isabelle bit at her nails. Yeah she may of been a vampire, but if anyone knew about what she was, she would be killed. They had this incident 100 years before she could easily be caught.

30 minutes later, Isabelle's dad walked through the door, threw his bag down and went to sit down in the living room. "What? Why's it so dark in here?" He walked over to the curtains and whipped them open. Isabelle screamed and within a millisecond she was over in the kitchen hiding in the dark corner. "Isabelle? What was that?" He didn't see her move so fast before.  
"Dad? I need to tell you something. But first please close the curtains." Her dad stood still. "Please dad." He nodded and walked over to the curtains. "Do you believe in mythical creatures? The supernatural?" 
"No I don't. But apparently our bloodline has a supernatural connection?" Isabelle slowly walked into the room.  
"It's true our bloodline has a supernatural connection. Because I am supernatural." Her dad just laughed it off.  
"No it's not! Don't be silly!" He watched her hesitate. Isabelle brought down her fangs and the veins under her eyes appeared. "What? What's going?" 
"Dad. I'm a vampire." He literally stood there shaking, he hands had clasped together and sweat beads appeared on his forehead. "Dad? Please say something to me?"
"No you're not one of them. You won't be, you cant..."
"I already am. I can't be changed. I'll be like this forever."
"NO! You won't be.. There must be witches or something that can change you back!" 
"Dad! Please no. I want to be a vampire, it's the best thing in the whole entire world, I can move fast. I think faster."
"I don't want you as this monster! I will not have my only daughter taken away by these demons!" 
"Dad. I'm still me! I'll always be me!"
"You won't ever be you! You stopped being my sweet Isabelle when you changed!"
"No I'm the same! The same as I've always been!"
"You kill innocent lives Isabelle! Don't tell me you're the same girl! Because you're not! Your great grandfather was found out in 1913. He was nearly killed but he fled before they could do anything! Isabelle it's been 100 years since an incident has happened like that, we don't need anything like that again too happen. How many people have you killed?"
"You don't have to know about that."
"Isabelle. How. Many?" Isabelle looked to the ground and breathed out deeply.
" Two. I've killed two people and...."
" And what?"
"I attacked a girl in the club 2 nights ago. But I erased her memory and healed her. So least she's not dead." Isabelle's dad looked at her and sighed. 
"You shouldn't of done that."
"I needed blood, You don't know how hard it is Dad. It's so hard!
"Then why did you become one? You could of passed it over your shoulder and got on with your life, get a job, find a husband start a family. But now you can't you're stuck like this! Frozen never going to accomplish anything in life because your at the age where you have to go school.. You've not even graduated! You'll have to keep going to school for the rest of your life. Yes I don't know how hard it is, but I found out about our bloodline as well... I search it up day and night... got obsessed with it but I never forced myself into becoming a monster! I have the gene as well, but I would never kill someone, I've avoided that for my 45 years of being alive. Why would you want to give up possibilities and dreams to killing people and drinking blood for the rest of your life. I wouldn't ever trade it. I found your mother, married her and had you. I wouldn't trade this for the world."
"Yes I'm stuck like this forever, but why would I give it up now? I wouldn't change this for a large sum of money!"
"BUT YOU'RE A MONSTER ISABELLE! I HATE WHAT YOU'VE BECOME!" Isabelle's dad screamed at the top of his voice.  
"I can't help who I am Dad!!" Isabelle screamed back. "I'm sorry you hate me dad. I am really sorry, I've disappointed you. But before I turned, I got in a fight with my teacher Mrs Henry. She was going to throw me off the course, called me dumb and was going to rip all my hard work I've done over the past term! I got mad stepped forward and threw her into the wall. She didn't get hurt but I felt the power in my hand. I didn't know what was happening and I got attracted to blood easily I'd space out in front of it. I came home and researched it. That's when I got obsessed with it... and that night I killed my first victim. I smashed her head on the floor and she bled out."
"Who was it? Who was the victim?" 
"Mrs Henry was the first person I've killed. The second was a man, he was down a alleyway last night harassing this girl, doing stuff. He beat her dad I needed to do something, so I helped her I killed him. Every time I killed I feel grief and sadness but I can't stop."
"You killed your teacher. Your teacher! Isabelle! Did you know she had a family to look after?"
"What?" 
"Yeah! She had 2 young girls and a husband! You didn't think about that. That you'd be tearing apart a family..." Isabelle looked to the ground and started to cry. Isabelle's dad huffed and sat down on the settee and Isabelle walked over and sat down too.
"Tell me about that incident with my great grandfather... I want to hear the story about it."