The Rivalry Chapter 35

"Lynnae?" I heard Grant's smooth voice ask from behind me. I was sitting in a loveseat in my chambers working on my needlework.

"Yes, love?" I returned as I pulled the needle through the thin cotton handkerchief.

"I must speak with you of some important issues."

I did not like the serious tone his voice held, something has happened. My stomach dropped, I knew what the information would be pertaining to.

"The men have failed," I guessed, knowing it was true the moment I spoke.

"Unfortunately. They found her, but they were unable to finish their duties," he explained as he sat down next to me, placing a hand gently on my knee. I raised my eyes to meet his gaze. His brows were creased, which only happened when he was attempting to find the proper words to use.

"She ran to the west, to her homelands of Armarock. Apparently she has been communicating to the area for some time...as somehow she has managed to draft an army, rebels and neutrals that she won over with coin," his voice said sternly.

I could feel the blood drain from my face and knew I had gone as pale as a ghost.

"Please, no," I whispered.

"Alas, it is true. It is told that she has drafted men from all over the regions...she plans to overturn our kingdom. I will not allow it," he said with a fire in his voice.

"But, that means..." I trailed off. War. The men would be sent out.

"Oh, no! Roren! He will be going off to fight, I will worry about him so!" I exclaimed, feeling anxiety wash over me already, just speaking of it.

"Lynnae, there is something else I wish to discuss with you."

I looked into his eyes and they held an intense gaze.

"...Yes?" I inquired, terribly afraid of what he was going to tell me.

"I will be accompanying Roren and the men in this battle."

I searched his face over, hoping for a hint of jest, but finding none. I quickly stood up and walked over to my jewelry table, bracing myself against it.

"My love, please do not worry for me," he said sweetly in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I squeezed my eyes shut. "Do not worry for you? That is impossible!" I shrieked in despair. "I cannot lose you! I have heard and witnessed too many deaths from war. I was finally hoping to escape it, and now, the beholder of my heart, the very reason for my happiness is going to be thrust right back into the unforgiving depths of war," I said as a tear slid down my cheek. "I cannot lose you, I cannot..." I whispered as I buried my face in his neck.

"Please, do not cry. I will come back to you, I swear it," he said as he softly kissed away the tears that fell down my cheeks.

"When do you leave?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"I daresay that I know her well enough to assume she will not attempt an attack for quite some time. She is too tactical and she will draw out every aspect of her plan. I plan on telling the men that we leave in a month and a half's time. We will go to her, surprise her and defeat her. I swear to you, we will win this battle. While her numbers may be large, our armies combined will be more than enough," he said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Oh Grant!" I cried out in despair, throwing my arms around his neck, clinging desperately to the man I loved. I lifted my face to his and crushed my mouth to his, seeking his comfort.

I wanted nothing more than to rid my mind of the burdens I have just learned. I wanted to lose myself in the marvel that was my husband and indulge in the unbridled passion of our wedlock.

He groaned as I began to unbutton his shirt, my fingers moving hastily. I pressed my body tight against his, needing the feeling of completion he gave me as we became one.

He swept me off my feet and carried me to the bed, setting me down gently as he lifted my night wear over my head. He eyed me hungrily as he removed his trousers.

I moaned as he sucked on the skin of my collarbone, leaving a trail of kisses up to my ear. I wrapped my arms around his back and pulled him to myself in desperation. I had never felt such a strong need for anything before in my life. My entire body was burning with passion and desire, all of my emotions now thrown into this one act of yearning.

"Please," I whimpered. His eyes locked onto mine with such a heated gaze that the pit of my stomach tightened in anticipation.

"Be patient, my queen," he teased with a sly smile on his face. He ran his hand along the sensitive skin inside my knee and slightly pushed my legs apart. He massaged slow circles up my thigh to my womanhood.

"You tease me so, I cannot bear it!" I exclaimed as I kneaded the strong sinewy muscles of his back with my hands.

"But on the contrary, I know you enjoy it," he said as he nibbled on my ear lobe. He brought his warm mouth to the flesh of my breast and I moaned as his tongue swirled over the sensitive peak.

"Grant," I whispered in a seductive voice, knowing he would not be able to resist.

"You are a vixen," he growled as I lowered one of my hands to his hip and squeezed it.

"But on the contrary," I began to mock him, "I know --!" I gasped as he entered me forcefully. My legs instantly wrapped around his waist as he began to work me with passion.

I dug my nails into his back as I clung to him, not wanting there to be an inch of space between our bodies. I felt that fiercely heated fire start to burn in my core. I rocked my hips with his, the friction between his hard body and my sensitive pearl sending me into a state of ecstasy as I moaned his name loudly, which caused a shiver to travel through his body.

I kissed his shoulder and lightly nipped at the skin there and I smiled when his knees buckled slightly before he regained his composure and continued on his conquest.

I could feel the pressure mounting and each sweet rock of our hips sent sensations coursing throughout my entire body. I had never felt such pleasure and I moaned out as I could feel it building ever more so.

"Please!" I whimpered, desperately seeking that release.

My body quivered as his hand squeezed my hip and his motion slowed, changing to slow, deep motions. My head tilted back as he touched deeper and I panted as I was short of breath. I knew he was purposely doing this, teasing me with his strategy.

I growled and I pushed on his shoulders, rolling him onto his back as I straddled him, grinding my hips into him in a desperate need.

His entire body tensed as I lay my hands upon his chest and leaned forward, kissing and suckling on his neck.

"Lynnae," he groaned as I sped up my motion, savoring the blasts of pleasure that shot through my entire body with each undulation.

I cried out as my pleasure reached its peak, stronger than before, and my entire body quivered and spasmed around his manhood. I continued to push myself onto him for a few more passes until I heard him moan loudly in his release before I collapsed upon him.

I wiped the damp hair from his face as I slowly kissed his chest before running my finger along his side, low onto his hip.

"Be careful, my love. You are a seductress and I fear that I may not be able to help myself from taking you again soon if you behave in such ways," he voiced huskily.

"I am counting on that," I smiled, a bittersweet feeling settling in my chest. Tonight I would make the most of my husband, of my love, and tomorrow I would face the idea of sending him off to war in a few short weeks.