The Rivalry Chapter 31

I held my breath as his cool fingers started undoing the back of my dress. The pit of my stomach tightened as he slowly worked his way lower. As usual, his hands stopped before he reached the confines of the lowest strings as his hands wound around my waist. I smiled to myself as I turned around and met his eyes. He smiled back down at me and gently stroked my cheek. "You're beautiful."

In that moment I had no hope of stopping the attraction I had for him, though I would never dream of trying to. My heart was pounding and my head was spinning. So long have I wanted somebody I could be physically comforted by and I finally had found someone. And I knew that he too, could feel the attraction.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tiptoes, pressing my lips against his. It took him only a second to react and once his lips started working against mine it felt as though my skin was finally coming alive. He pulled away after a few moments, with fire in his eyes.

I shyly looked up at him and smiled, hoping I would not lose my nerve. I lightly lay my hand on his abdomen, my desire being strengthened by the hard, defined stone muscles that lay under my touch, separated only by a thin silk barrier.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I was blushing, I could feel it, and my breathing was unsteady.

"Lynnae?" he whispered, quietly.

I looked up at him and I saw that his eyes held pure desire. No, stronger than desire, need. The look I saw removed any uncertainty and fear I had. I became brave.

I lightly grabbed the bottom hem of his shirt, still keeping eye contact with him. I tugged on it slightly and he understood. His hands slowly reached down and grasping the bottom of his shirt where my hands had just been, he pulled it over his head. My breath stopped altogether as I watched his muscles roll under his skin as he tossed the linen aside. It was almost unbearable.

I couldn't help but marvel at him, his eyes, smoldering emeralds, made my heart sputter. His mouth was parted slightly, he was still breathing quite steady, which was more than I could say of myself. I lay my hands on his chest and ran them down over his abdomen, my hands shaking. He sighed lightly as my hands traced the lines of his muscular body. I looked up at him and smiled. I turned around and pulled my hair to the side to stop my trembling hands.

I tilted my head back slightly as I felt his fingers coming into contact with my lower back. My eyes shut as his fingers slowly traced up the length of my back and over my shoulders. My whole body was trembling as he slowly kissed the sensitive skin on the side of my neck. His hands were still caressing my skin, softly, slowly. I looked over my shoulder and he finished untying the gown before he stepped back slightly. Usually, I would now head to the closet or powder room to change into my night garments.

Not tonight. I looked over my shoulder at him as I held out my arms a little ways and I let the gown fall to my feet in a heap. He blinked slowly, once, and he stepped forward, hugging me from behind.

His hot breath tickled my ear from behind me, his bare chest pressed against the skin of my back. He kissed my shoulder and I tilted my head to the side as he slowly kissed up my neck, ending just below my ear, lightly sucking and nipping at the skin. I moaned quietly and a spike of pleasure pulsed through me when I heard that his own breathing had turned ragged. I raised one arm above my head and locked it into his hair and his hand was on my ribcage, slowly running down, across my stomach and back, ending on my hip, his grip getting slightly firmer while he pressed himself harder against me.

I slowly turned to face him and his eyes wandered down the length of my body. I kissed his chest and made a trail up to his mouth as my hands explored.

His arms wrapped around my body and I savored the feeling of his bare chest pressed against mine.

"You're beautiful, my queen," he whispered, his hot breath tickling my lips.