What Are The Chances?

“Luck never gives; it only lends.”  Swedish Proverb

The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision isfrom the LORD.  Proverbs 16:33

Lot:  “one of a set of objects such as straws, stones, or pieces of paper that are randomly selected as part of a decision-making process”  New Oxford American Dictionary

If you believe we’re all a product of an evolutionary process, you have to believe in odds.  And that’s ok.  We all believe in odds at some point.  Whether it’s the odds of winning a hand of blackjack while the dealer is showing a face card, or whether it’s the odds we met our husband or wife when we did, where we did, and how we did.  Some odds are calculable, such as in the game of blackjack, and some of fantastically out of this world and incalculable, like the odds that so many molecules came together at just the right point to create an irreducibly complex organism that became a building block of life.  But quadrillions of years of history have made odds like that possible, right?  So what about the odds of there being a God?  Guess what?  There are no odds we can attach to our Creator.  He is the beginning from the end, the Alpha and the Omega, He just is.  What’s more amazing is, He is the only thing who’s odds are truly one to one.  Nothing can or ever has affected Him.  He is the affect that influences everything, and the ultimate effect that causes all events.  I wouldn’t want to bet against that.

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

5.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming for?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading.

Jake