Who Has Your Feet?

“The greatness of a man's power is in the measure of his surrender.” William Booth (founder of the Salvation Army)

“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:4-6

Capitulate: “cease to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand; surrender” New Oxford American Dictionary

“Once you grab a bird's feet, it's all over. They just give up. You could do it with an eagle.” Said Mike Tyson one time when he was explaining his lifelong hobby and love of raising pigeons. The point is, we're all like birds in that way. It may not be our feet, but we all have some weakness, that if grasped ahold of can cause our capitulation. For Achilles it was his heal, for others it may be alcohol or prescription drugs, or yet still a superiority complex. For many of us, our weakness is what keeps us from living significantly, it's what keeps us from living a Godly life. However, there is one way to guard ourselves from being captured by our weaknesses. That is to surrender to our maker and His purpose for our lives. In that way He can guard our vulnerabilities. God says “For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God,” and once He Has us He promises to take care of us. He says in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plan's I have for you... Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Let's make sure God has ahold of our feet so that nothing else can. In doing so, we can be blessed with His promises, not the empty lies so much of the world offers.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming for?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading.

Jake