The Road to Happiness

“The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.” Unknown

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 5:6

Acrimonious: “(typically of speech or a debate) angry and bitter” New Oxford American Dictionary

April seven is my wife's birthday, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. But the road to her has not been paved with, well you know the cliché. Come to think of it it wasn't really paved at all. The way was bumpy and hard. But she is so great I would be happy to go through it all again to have her. So on her birthday, she's not only celebrating the life she's been blessed with, I'm celebrating the life she blessed me with. What's in your life that you care about; and what happened to you in the past that lead to you having it? I'd be willing to bet, everything you love came as a result of bad things happening to you in the past. I know everything great that I have now came from not so great things. If I think of anything that is valuable to me and trace back the events that led to it, there is always something I didn't enjoy in the mix and I can't be sure I would have that thing of value if it weren't for it. Let's try to remember that providence isn't just a result of good happenings, but of bad ones too. It helps when things aren't going so well to realize that the future holds amazing things for us because of it. We could avoid so much acrimony and heartache I think, if we considered the results of bad things.

Daily Journal Questions:

How did I help someone today?

Name an act of kindness I performed today.

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Remember the journaling questions are what make this journaling devotional affective. You can get the whole experience at www.selfgrowthjournal.blogspot.com and friend Daily Self Growth Journal of Facebook.

Jake Summers