Love Means 100%

“God's perspective of marriage is me giving 100% of myself to my mate, and him giving 100% of himself to me.” Holly Furtick

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:1-4

Amalgamation: “the action, process, or result of combining or uniting” New Oxford American Dictionary

I was watching some music videos on TV today and the song “Where is the Love?” by the Black Eyed Peas came on. If you haven't heard it, the song asks the question over and over, “Where is the love?” If you're a Christian and love God, I know you know the answer. But somehow that love is not spreading to the ends of the earth. Only the love of God can create an amalgamation of peaceful citizens in this world. So what does this have to do with you and me? It has everything to do with you and me. God's love is spread one person at a time. It's your job, it's my job, it's the job of Christians to love one another. In the 22nd chapter of Matthew, Jesus said to love was the greatest law, first to love God, then our neighbors. God's perfect love is first spread to us. Then, through it's undeniable influence it naturally spreads to our neighbors, like water overflows any damn eventually. God's love isn't about equality, it's not about sharing responsibilities and commitments in our relationships. It's 100% about us, it's our responsibility to share it without expectation of returns. God's love doesn't depend on what someone has done for us, it depends on what can be done for someone else. What can we do with God's love? Does it shine through us? It's impossible for us humans to love perfectly and unconditionally like God, but we can at least try, and the effort begins with loving Him. No matter where we're at in life, let's get started.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading.

Jake