Vision's Experiences

“Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with vision is making a positive difference.” Joel Barker

 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18

 Vision: “a mental image of what the future will or could be like” New Oxford American Dictionary

 “A morning without coffee is like sleep,” unknown author. Coffee has become much more than a drink in recent years. People have loved coffee for many generations but it's taken on a whole new identity in the last couple decades in the United States. Coffee is an experience. It can't be described much better than that. People are possessive of their coffee, it's often called “my coffee,” people go to Starbucks and order venti non-fat caramel machiatos with two pumps of caramel and three shakes of cinnamon. People love good coffee and are proud of their personal abilities to concoct a good cup. Here in the North West United States coffee has become an art form for many people. Roasting coffee is no longer just a factory job, artisan roasters put their hearts, souls, and pride into creating the best blend and roast of coffee beans possible. You may be asking why I'm talking about this right now and what it has to do with inspiration or motivation. I'm talking about it right now because much of the attitude towards coffee is the result of one person's vision; you may have even seen him around the media lately, his name is Howard Shultz, he's the owner and CEO of Starbucks and his vision of coffee has made him a billionaire. I've traveled halfway around the world, have been on both coasts of the United States, Europe, and the Middle East and have hardly ever been more than a short drive away from getting a cup of Starbucks coffee. In the United States Howard Shultz has changed coffee from a mere necessity to some to a desired experience for many. Before Starbucks became what it is now, Shultz had the vision of creating a “coffee experience” in the United States, now millions of people understand his idea without ever hearing of him or his vision. What vision do you have that could change your community, country, or world? Maybe it's a small thing like a commitment to smile at everyone you see, or wave to everyone you pass in the car (if you're a Jeep owner you know the power of a wave, “it's a Jeep thing”). I think we all have an idea or vision that could change at least one person; and if one life is changed because of a vision you have wouldn't that make it worth it. I have a vision to empower people to impart their visions, I hope you see it.

 Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever>

What are my goals for tomorrow?

 Thanks for reading, it means so much to me that you take the time to read what I have to say. I hope you find it worthwhile to spend time on what I write and I hope you come back tomorrow.

Jake