We are Representatives

“I believe my words will be heard by many, so I want to say only good things.” Chief Joseph (paraphrased)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Attache: “a person on the staff of an ambassador, typically with a specialized area of responsibility” New Oxford American Dictionary

There's a story, I don't know how true it is, but I think it's teaching anyway. It tells of Alexander the Great confronting one of his soldiers who had acted cowardly in battle and ran away. When Alexander asked him for his name, the soldier replied, “Alexander.” At this, Alexander the Great was taken back. He told the soldier, “Either change your ways or change your name.” As Christians, we are representatives of our faith, everyday day, all day, wherever we go, and whatever we do. We are attache's for Christ and the Christian faith. As such we should be mindful of our actions and words, so that they reflect our values accurately and do justice to the name “Christian.” I would never encourage anyone to rid themselves of the name Christian. But if we're not acting in a way that sheds positive light on that name, we have the responsibility to change our ways. The good news is, we have a loving Heavenly Father who is willing and ready to change our hearts and in turn change our ways. He sent his Son to die for us and change us from the inside out. All we must do is accept Him.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming for?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you for reading.

Jake