Resolute Determination

“The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.” Oprah Winfrey

So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." The man asked him, "What is your name?" "Jacob," he answered. Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome." Genesis 32:24-28

Resolute: “marked by firm determination” Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I continually struggle with laziness. That's one reason why I write this journal. It keeps me focused on something other than entertainment, on something more, something bigger than myself. Have you ever noticed that continual entertainment is really depressing? There have been times when I didn't feel like it at first, but I forced myself to get out in my shop to get some work done. And do you know what? It made me so much happier than if I had watched TV all day. Everything worth while is worth work. Just as it took a struggle for Oprah to build her television empire, and a struggle for Jacob to receive a blessing from God, it will take a struggle to accomplish our purpose. However, significance and joy are worth a struggle. So many people have gained so much in life by being resolute. They are determined to accomplish what they have set out to do. What could we accomplish with just a little more determination? Furthermore, what could we accomplish if we coupled our determination with our purpose from God? There's a marketing pun used by a company that makes home air conditioners that states, “Nothing can stop a Trane.” That's not really true, there are a lot of things that can stop a Trane or a train. Jut as Burlington Northern and Union Pacific couple there engines together to to make their trains more unstoppable, when we couple our engine, our drive, to the truly unstoppable force of our Heavenly Father, we are sure to be unstoppable, until we have reached our good and honorable destination. Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.” Luke 13:31 Let's call on, let's hold true to, let's bind ourselves to the everlasting, all powerful words of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

As always thank you so much for reading, I appreciate you.

Jake