Living Motivated

“Living on purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing.” Rick Warren

Abraham was now a very old man, and the Lord had blessed him in every way. Genesis 24:1

Accord: “give or grant someone (power, status, or recognition)” New Oxford American Dictionary

It's good to be reflective, but sometimes it's also important to be motivated. The apostle Paul was motivated by righteousness and the gospel of Jesus Christ. King David was motivated by justice and the love of God. And Job was motivated by his integrity and hope in the faithfulness of God. What are we motivated by? What are our goals in life? Each of the Bible characters I just listed had human characteristics that God used for His purpose. Paul was so motivated by righteousness that he began hunting down and trying to kill Christians even to the point of approving of Steven's murder, the first Christian martyrization in history. After his conversion on the road to Damascus Paul's motivation to spread righteousness remained, but his purpose changed and he became one of the gospels most powerful defenders and disseminators. David was fearless and passionate, characteristics that caused him to commit atrocious crimes and injustices. But when those traits and motivations were purposed for God, he became one of the most effective warriors for Him and became what God called, “A man after His own heart.” As Christians let's make sure we not only remain motivated, but also have a godly purpose to go along with it. So that, God will be able to use whatever we do, for His glory. In doing so, let's see if He doesn't bless us more than what we've earned or deserve.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake