It's a God Thing

“You know it's a God thing, ya know I thank God every single day, I'm just His instrument and He's using me on a consistent basis daily... He's using me to extend His word... I'm a prime example of How God can turn something that was bad into something that was very great.” Cam Newton (statement after winning 2011 BCS football championship)

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 
2 Corinthians 5:17

Attest: “declare that something exists or is the case” New Oxford American Dictionary

Whether Cam Newton was being truthful or not during his statement after winning the BCS Championship Bowl Game is secondary as to what he accomplished. Instead of talking about his accomplishments and his victory over the opposing Oregon Ducks he testified for God in front of an audience of millions of people. Some could say that he did it to alleviate pressures and criticisms leveled at him by people who believe he cheated the collegiate athletic system to receive payment for playing football; but to me it makes no difference. In the eyes of many he gave God the credit for his accomplishments and if there is just one kid out there influenced by Cam's testimony, God's work was accomplished through him. So much of our success can be attributed to God simply by the positive attitude faith in Him can foster. Let's all try to remember that; not only when we're tempted to glorify ourselves, but also when we don't feel too positive about life. God's love has a way of changing our hearts and attitudes when self satisfaction in ourselves will always fail. It was good to see a famous athlete attest to that.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming for?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading.

Jake