Our True Value

“Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.”
Albert Einstein

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3-10

Meek: “enduring injury with patience and without resentment” Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I have a dog at home that my wife bought for me. He was from the Peugeot Sound area, a good distance from where I live. It so happens he was the last puppy of the litter, maybe he was the runt, I don't know. In any case, being a Golden Retriever he was rejected probably eight or ten times by people choosing puppies. Does that mean he was the least valuable puppy of the litter? That puppy has grown up to be the best companion anyone could ask for, and if you're a dog lover you know what I mean. So what does that have to do with todays message about being valuable? It is not what we have, our personal status, or our looks that make us valuable. It's what's inside that determines or value; we call them values for a reason. When Clyde was a puppy there were obviously people who looked at him and decided for some reason he wasn't as valuable as the others. What they couldn't see was the heart that was within that dog. Let's take picking out puppies as an example for picking who we value, and remember our judgement of what they are on the outside has nothing to do with their true value as a person.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming for?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading.

Jake