Where's the Wisdom?

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Pukka: “genuine, authentic; first class” Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I don't consider myself to be a very wise person. Writing for the Daily Self Growth Journal proves that to me every day. So what gives me the audacity to write something that's meant to help people improve their lives? I struggle all the time trying to remain positive and have a good attitude and a lot of the time I fail. But I keep trying and keep believing that I can improve my life. But like everyone else, I need help, I can't do it by myself. I started the Daily Self Growth Journal experiment because it is something I want and need, not because I believe I have a wealth of wisdom to impart. In fact when I try to impart my own wisdom in what I write I give up very quickly because it becomes readily apparent I'm lacking. So I try to search for wisdom, knowledge, and encouragement almost continually; and what I find I try to impart here. So what in the world is my point in all this rambling? If we're looking for wisdom within ourselves I don't think we'll ever find it. Wisdom has a funny way of imparting itself, almost free from the influence of the issuer. At times it becomes readily apparent and announces itself and a lot of the time it's learned through failure. That's why it's our job to find wisdom from history, from others, and most importantly from God. The Bible is full of wisdom for any hardship or trial any of us could ever go through. But despite of all the available wisdom there is to find, many people choose not to look. Instead we become self absorbed in our own knowledge and our pride convinces us we can find knowledge from within without ever looking outwardly. That almost always fails. There are centuries of wisdom we can glean to find true pukka wisdom. Let's not ignore it, let's embrace it and enjoy the peace that can come from intrusting the originator of wisdom, God.

Daily Journaling Questions:

Who did I help today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading. I hope you found it worthwhile and if you didn't you'd comment on how I could improve the Daily Self Growth Journal. Like anyone else, I'm not perfect and I want to provide the best service I can and I think you might be able to help. Thanks again.

Jake