17. I Just Smile

hey! i am so so so sorry for not updating in such a long time! i've just been very busy and tired all the time, lately. thank you for all the reads, comments, and votes. they mean so much to me, knowing that people actually enjoy the story. i never even imagined having this many people read it, so massive thank you! btw, did you see what demi said about selena?! my heart melted (': rest of the authors note will be at the end (:

______________________________________________________

Selena's POV:

"Selena, I love you."

A curly-haired boy with green eyes stood in front of me, our hands intertwined with each other. Harry. Those three words made my heart race and I was frozen, paralyzed in my spot; we were standing in a garden surrounded by blooming flowers of all different colors, similar to the ones he got me for graduation. I wanted to tell him I felt the same way but I remained speechless. Frustrated at myself, I opened my mouth but to no avail; the words simply would not escape me. A small part of me didn't want to admit my feelings, but another was screaming at how stupid I was.

The pitter-patter of the hard rain outside makes me shiver and desperate for warmth. I toss and turn a bit and once I find my source of heat, I clutch onto it like there's no tomorrow. My sweet dreams soon transforms into a nightmare.

As I finally found the courage in myself to repeat the three loving words, the boy just smiles at me. His hands let go of my own and they travel up to my face, where he cupped my cheeks. He brought me closer to him and began to lean in, wanting to attach our lips as much as I did. When we were finally about to touch, a tornado appeared out of nowhere, ripping him out of my grasp and I watched him taken away from me, Cara's laughter in the background mixing with the thrashing noises of the storm.

"Don't leave me!" I cry in my sleep and I feel something shift around me. They pull me into their body and stroke my hair, pacifying me with sweet words.

"I'll never leave you, Selena. Don't cry," he whispers and leaves warm kisses on my temple.

"Don't worry, Sel. I would never leave you. I love you," the gentle and awfully familiar voice rings in my ear and I feel a soft hand wipe away my tears from my shut eyes. Harry.

"I love you," he repeats once more and I just smile. With that, I fall back into my previous sweet slumbers.

Harry's POV:

"Should we wake them up?"

"No, they're so cute!"

"But, we have class!"

"I don't really want to go either..."

"Yeah, you were pretty drunk last night."

My eyes slowly flutter open and I see the lads all surrounding my bunk bed with goofy grins.

"Can I help you?" I chuckle softly but all I receive are cheeky smiles and kinky comments.

"Did you get some last night?" Louis smirk with a wink as I roll my eyes.

"I would not disrespect a girl like that, Lou," I look down and see Selena still peacefully asleep, tucked under my arm, snoring lightly. Her chest heaves up and down as she takes deep breathes, our legs tangled a bit underneath the sheets. She had unknowingly cuddled into me last night and as of now, her right arm is still wrapped across my chest.

"Especially Selena," I mutter after my eyes take in the sleeping beauty beside me.

"Aww," the boys coo and instead of rolling my eyes like I usually would, I just smile.