12. The Storm

heey guys i just wanted to say this chapter was hard to write because in the middle i would get temporary writers block and im so tired. today was a long day and i fell asleep ((well like fluttered my eyes)) like 5 times while writing this so sorry in advance for any errors. its 5am here (x 2 more hours and i will have been awake for 24 hours wow...anyway, i just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you for 1,500+ reads & 50+ votes for this story (: it really means a lot! also i love reading comments so please comment (x AND AND AND OH MY GOSH THIS IS A SIDE NOTE BUT THIS WEEK THIS GIRL TWEETED HARRY "COME AND GET IT" AND HE REPLIED WITH THE LYRICS LIKE NA NA NA NA? WHICH MEANS HE LISTENS TO SELENA GOMEZ'S MUSIC WHICH MEANS THAT DEEP DOWN HE LIKES SELENA WHICH MEANS MY OTP IS SLOWLY COMING TRUE AND I HAD SO MANY FEELS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ok sorry this was so long & that this chapters short ):

_________________________________________________

Miley's POV:

I return to my dorm with a happy smile on my face, a number written on a slip of paper in my pocket, a date next week, and a guy in mind. There was class earlier today, but I just didn't feel like going and plus, my time at Starbucks was time well spent. The one great thing about college is that it's not a sin if you don't attend your classes. As long as you showed up for all the exams and pass them, everything's okay. I just love this independent lifestyle. I expected the dorm to be empty, considering class just ended twenty minutes ago and it was now nearly around lunch time so everyone probably went out to eat right?

Wrong.

To my surprise, I find a sleeping Selena and an extremely close step-brother of mine.

Harry's POV:

"What the fuck are you doing and why the fuck are you doing it?" My head snaps up and I see a smirking Miley in the doorway with an eyebrow raised in suspicion, her arms crossed against her chest, her hip slightly jutted out, giving me some attitude.

"Just chilling, no big deal Miles," I reply nonchalantly, not moving my position whatsoever. After showering for football, I had made my way to class for our English lecture, though, to be honest, I was mainly just focusing on Selena the whole time. The way she would just sit attentive in her seat, casually writing down notes on her coloured sticky-notes, and replying to all the analysis questions was just so...attractive. I find intelligence to be really sexy. I was soon snapped out of my trance as Professor Lawrence announced the reading assignment as the class was dismissed and we were free for the day; all the guys and girls dispersed to go their own separate ways. I was bored soon after and as usual, my mind wandered to Selena and what she was doing. My feet made their way to her room as if there were a magnetic pull tugging me there and peaking through the slightly ajar door, I noticed she was the only one inside. Her eyes were intently darting back and forth as she licked her right index finger lightly, to turn the crisp page. She looked perfect, even though she was simply reading. She always looked perfect. It turned me on a bit how she could look so flawless even though she isn't doing anything. She doesn't even have to try. God, she's perfect. Not wanting to disturb her or have her chase me away, I just stood in her doorway quietly observing her until I noticed her eyes slowly began to droop and her turning page finger fell feebly besides her body as her chest rose up and fell down. She fell asleep. How cute. I don't know how long I stood out there, but after I was sure she was completely dozed off, I slipped into the room and gently closed the door behind me. I made my way to her bed and saw her slumped body sleeping peacefully, with the book opened and pressed flat on her chest. I'm surprised she didn't notice my presence as I sat down and then slightly lifted her head to place onto my lap. Unable to control myself, I reached out for her and brushed some unswept hair across her forehead and tucked in a few loose strands falling onto her face, behind her ear. She was fucking gorgeous. After a while, I just took the book and dog-earred her current position and tossed it to the side. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I chuckled silently to myself; she already started reading after being assigned it, literally just a few minutes ago. What a nerd. I bent down and pressed my lips to her forehead then aimlessly began to play with her hair, twirling random strands and braiding a few parts, only to ruffle it out lightly again, returning it to its normal form.