09. Be Happy

hey guys, thanks so much for the comments! keep telling me your thoughts, im interested in what you think (: sorry this one is rather short, but a). i want to stop here, sorry cliffhanger & b). its five thirty am and im in trouble so yeaah. ill update again later! and btw, isnt perrie beautiful ♥ ? i love her pink hair & i love pink too btw ((the singer))

_________________________________________________________

Tyler's POV:

I am laying on my bed, listening to some songs Selena told me she liked when the sound of my phone ringtone echoes through my dorm. Dylan went out with a classmate for a project and I am just lounging around, bored, humming, thinking. My birthday is tomorrow and a few of my friends and I had planned a party to celebrate my coming of age since becoming twenty-one is a great milestone in my life. I didn't tell Selena yet, but I want her to come; although we just met literally a few hours ago, I have never felt so close to anyone in my whole life besides Dylan. I love Dylan with all my heart, I really do, but sometimes I feel like I'm just his shadow, an underdog. With Selena, on the other hand, I feel noticed and appreciated. She understands me and makes me feel like I matter and I just feel an extreme amount of gratitude for that. She's really pretty and funny, and just a great person inside and out, but I don't like her like that. I mean, I wouldn't mind dating her, but I have my eyes on someone else already and from the stories she told me, I can tell she doesn't need more drama in her life. Turning down the music, I scan my eyes at the caller ID to see surprisingly enough, it was the one and only herself.

"Hey Sel," I chirp, excited to hear her voice only to feel terrible soon after.

"H-i-ii Tyler," her voice quivers and I can tell she's crying, which immediately dampens my mood.

"What's wrong?" I frown although she can't see me through the phone.

"I...I just need someone right now. I'm so sorry for being such a bother. Regret meeting me yet?" she tries to lighten the mood but I can tell she's feeling broken. 

"You are anything but a bother. Meeting you was the best thing of my life, besides meeting Dylan, I swear to God. I'm actually glad you called me," I admit sheepishly, "I feel like you do so much for me and I don't do anything in return."

"What? That's the opposite!" she gasps and I just chuckle.

"Well, then, let's just compromise, yeah? By the way, I'm bored as hell," I complain, looking up at the plain white ceiling.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I smile as I hear a light laugh through the phone line; it means she's feeling better.

"Hey, where are you?" I tap my fingers against the side of my leg.

"Why?"

"Can't a guy who you met approximately 6 hours ago not ask about your whereabouts?" I tease only to hear sweet laughter.

"I don't know. Can he? I'm just messing, I'm at school, of course."

"Sucks. Um, hey Sel, I don't want to sound like a douche, but I got to go. I'll talk to you soon all right?"

"It's cool. Bye Tyler," she hangs up as I rush out the door, picking up my jacket from the coat-rack and making my way to my car.

***

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks. How may I help you?" the barista asks with a bright smile.

"Hey, can I have a venti green tea frappuchino?" I order as the lady picks up a empty cup and pulls out a black sharpie.

"What's your name, dear?" she smiles ready to write.

"Can I request a message?" I ask and she nods, "Go ahead."