37. I'm So Tired

hiii sorry this one is so short and bad but im so tired and hot and this chapter's kinda necessary yeah sorry for always updating so slow and aslakjoweire ok bye 

____________________________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

"You're amazing!" the blonde boy claps me on the back as I thank him with a genuine smile. Although I'm not part of this team whatsoever, Elaine's teammates' siblings really make me feel welcomed to this small club of football loving teens. Ever since the whole pageant ordeal, I've been coming more often for practices and sometimes just for fun; I've grown to really enjoy playing with these people, seeing as I can't play at school and what not. 

"Selena, is it?" the coach tentatively calls out and I nod, acknowledging my name before walking up.

"Is something the matter?" I ask a bit concerned, unsure why Elaine's coach would ever want to talk to me.

"I just want to discuss something with you," he calms me, "I've noticed Elaine's been doing extraordinarily well and I want to thank you. She was...difficult on the team at first." I laugh at his choice of words.

"I know what you mean, but really, Elaine's a total sweetheart and she has a heart of gold. If she really puts effort into something, she will no doubt succeed," my eyes dart to the 9 year old brunette who at the moment is picking up her stuff and dashing towards Drew's old jeep. He takes her to modeling, football practice, and home; I admire how close the two have grown and the obvious almost sibling attraction the pair has. It's like they both have finally found someone that can give them what they've been missing out on. From what I hear, Cara has been a lot nicer; lately, she's been trying to act nicer and mend her broken mistakes from the past with Drew. As much as I hate her, I hope to see her soon just to see how she's doing so far. She may be a bitch but at least it's obvious she's trying. I admire that. 

"Yeah, well I've also noticed you playing during the breaks with the other kids' brothers," he comments and I nod, still having no idea where this conversation is going to lead to.

"And, I want you to meet my son and his best friend," he beckons over two figures who slowly make their way over to the park field and my eyes widen as I stare at the familiar boys who now stand beside me.

"Dylan? Tyler?" I question a bit astonished as they look at me equally surprised.

"Hey Selena," Dylan greets me, "I guess you met my dad."

"But--I thought--what?" I ask, completely confused.

"While we're here, Dylan's dad volunteered to coach the junior league," Tyler explains and I nod before internally freaking out. All this time, I've been playing under the eyes of a Football Club associate?!?

"You guys...know each other?" the coach scratches the back of his neck as we shyly laugh.

"Yeah, we're friends," I admit and Dylan's dad's grin grows wider.

"Perfect! This will be easier to explain then," he wraps an arm around Dylan and Tyler comes beside me, wrapping me in a half hug as I lean towards his muscular body. 

"I've been watching you from afar and I think you are extremely talented." 

"Oh? Um, thanks?" I fidget in my spot as he continues.

"You know I'm an official on the Football Association Club?"

"Yeah," I nod remembering Gregg boasting about his two friends when we first met that night in the very same park.

"Well, there's this summer program where we train talented teenagers like you with professionals and I think you'd be perfect for it. We haven't had a girl in a while," he smiles and my eyes widen.