I Now Pronounce You...

School is hell.
Class is hell.
If I could skip class and go straight to practice I'd be so so happy.
***

Alpha Micah Reid

I paced nervously in my new office inside of our house. Naiyla could always sense my discomfort with being in her office because of the power that the letters left behind by the previous Alphas held.

I needed to tell her. It bugs me that I haven't done it but it was the time now.
I took a deep breath and walked out of the room with a determined expression.

I followed my beautiful mates scent into the living room to see her with her feet propped up drinking a glass of blood with a scowl on her face and eating a bowl of steamed vegetables.

I smiled just seeing how beautiful she was even when irritated.

Can we name one of the babies Sparticus?

I scrunched my face up at Luca's question.

What is this old man. I knew you've been around for hundreds of years but I didn't know that long.

Shut your mouth. That name is powerful and intimidating.

We're not naming one of our kids Sparticus.

You're absolutely no fun.

I rolled my eyes and made my way over to my lifeline.

She looked up as I neared and smiled, a look of irritation still crossing her features.

"Hello my love." I said taking a seat next to her after kissing her forehead.

"Hey Micah." She said before taking another sip of blood and shivering after.

After a few moments of silence I could feel her gaze looking me up and down.

I turned and she searched my yellow eyes.

"Micah? What's wrong?" She asked.

I let out a deep breath, "You know how back at the school you asked my why my eyes were yellow or why they stayed yellow." She nodded, "Well before my mom died everything was so... Peaceful. Everyone was always happy and a certain glow always surrounded everyone because of the happiness my mother brought.
Before I turned 16 I had been in my first mini war. A neighboring pack decided to test our borders to try and overthrow us so we were at war for a couple hours. After I was so adrenalin ridden that once I calmed down I almost had a breakdown. Seeing all of the dead bodies and blood everywhere took a toll on me. Once I got home I went straight to my mom and bawled my eyes out because I couldn't handle knowing that I'd killed so many innocent people because of a choice their Alpha made and they had to follow.

"Anyways that was the day i kind of hardened myself. My eyes got a yellow tint to them. My mom noticed and had a big talk to me about not giving into my Lycan. I said I had it under control but I was wrong. War after war Luca got more and more in control. Yes I was in my human form but he always had some sort of control over me." I shook my head slightly and looked into her eyes.

"Then my mom died. I couldn't handle that. That was the day my eyes fully turned yellow. He was stronger than I was when it came to handling things like war. He had more sense. I...I tried to turn my eyes back to blue but something would alway happen and he would gain more control over me."