Shadow Brotherhood

My summer is sooooo boring. Sports are starting really late this year and I have absolutely nothing to do. This is what I get for having friends just as lazy as I am.
**•**

Alpha Naiyla

Lace looked away from the vampire and to me. I was hoping, praying that the words that came out of his mouth next weren't what I thought he said.

"The Shadow Brotherhood." he said. Three words. Three words that could end their lives.

The wolves around us erupted in whispers along with the vampires trying to listen in on what was happening.

I stared Lace straight in the eyes trying to find out if what he said was true, "Lace please tell me this isn't true."

He looked away from my face not wanting to give me the answer I didn't want to hear.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. The sadness I had for him leaking through my words.

"We didn't know what to do ourselves. We didn't even really know what we were at first until we looked it up in the council library."

The Shadow Brotherhood is a specific group of men that aren't part of any rank. They have their own rank among alphas. They basically have the same power of command and authority but one special ability they have is to be able to conceal them self in any environment. And it's not a learned skill. It's just instinct. They know how to do it once the mark is given to them. There are just some Brothers that are quicker at it and that is where the mastery comes in.

No they are not chameleons that change skin color. They just manipulate the air and light around them to make themselves invisible.

"You know that I will always be here no matter what you are." As I looked into his eyes that are now an electric blue rather than the normal pale blue and the rest of his body I could see the difference in muscle definition and how much larger he is. Yes, Lace has always been on the larger side because of his genes but now every single muscle was defined and he was at least 2 in taller.

He looked down and smiled, "I know...Alpha. We was just worried about the council."

My eyes widened. Since they were part of the Shadow Brotherhood it meant that the council would come for them. I narrowed my eyes thinking of anyone taking MY Beta. And that sure as hell wasn't happening.

The council does not take kindly to the Brotherhood. Them being their own rank meant no one controlled them. So if the council were to try and put a command on them it would not work. So they come after them to put them in the Werewolf Guard as special forces.

"The council will not lay a finger on you. If they even think that you will be leaving with them to be commanded by someone else beside me they have something coming for them. The Werewolf Council has no say over me." I said with my eyes narrowed.

Lace looked to Mark, "I told you we didn't have to worry about that." He said.

"We'll discuss this more later Betas. Alright everyone lets eat!" I yelled.

Everyone immediately dove into their plates. I happily sipped at a cup of blood and tore into a piece of ham. It was prepared deliciously that I don't know if I want anyone else to have the last pig.

Everyone was talking happily or just laughing at each other. Lace and Mark were relatively close to each other to make sure nothing was coming for them. The Shadow Brotherhood meant that they stuck together no matter what. They are basically a dying race, even more than Lycans, so they protect each other as much as possible.

But since they are Betas they have loyalty to each other along with the Alphas that they serve and the pack that they help run.

"What is it? Two days now Alphas?" I looked up to see Christa smiling at me avoiding our gaze but still looking in our general direction.

"Yes it is. Actually, starting tomorrow we have to start setting up." Micah and I decided on a twinkling stars themed wedding.

The chairs will be made from fallen trees in the forest, covered with vines around the back and next to the feet. Our alter is made of branches that are covered in white flowers. And above everyone's heads are willow tree branches that are sprouting white flowers.

The reception is outside also. The tables will be white cloth with center placements that are glass vases filled with vine leaves and imitation rocks and finally a single white candle at the top. The table that the bridesmaids, groomsmen, Micah and I will be sitting at is a table made of a redwood with vines around the edges. The center placement is three large wine glasses that have white patterns scrawled on the outside and little white candles in the middle to illuminate it.

"I can't wait!" She said.

"You're telling me!" I said laughing.

After everyone finished eating we all went our separate ways to our own homes. Micah and I walked, hand-in-hand, in pure silence just listening to the world around us. The chirping of the birds, the swooshing of the trees, the soft crunch of the leaves under our feet; just everything that made a sound. 

"Are you ready?" one simple question that made my heart flutter.

"I..I don't think i'd be more ready than right now. Why?"

I looked to Micah and saw that he was scratching the back of his neck with his other hand, "I just want to make sure. I'm more ready than i've ever been for anything in my life. I just want to be sure that you aren't having second thoughts and that you are sure about marrying me. I'm not exactly the easiest person to handle and i often get angry at the littlest things because of Luca. I just dont want you to be unhappy after marrying me."

I stood silent for a few moments, "Micah. There is nothing in this world that will make me never want to marry you. You are the man of my dreams. I am having your children for heaven's sake. I love you and only you. I will be forever happy spending the rest of my life with you."

I don't think the grin on his face could've been larger.

****

Sorry for the long wait its been awhile since i've had access to the internet so even if I wanted to update I would have wanted to.

School also started on wednesday and i already had homework in AP Calculus so thats happening. along with homework in Spanish and AP English.

Anyways...

How is school going for ya'll?

Love Ya'll