Chapter Thirty-Four

Breac's felt as if his blood would boil right over and out of him.

How dare the sick excuse of a Laird step onto his lands in hopes of acquiring his lady.

Elspet shrank away ever so slightly from the highlander; he looked every ounce as dangerous and brutal as she had imagined highlander men would look, before she had arrived. The vein on his left temple throbbed angrily as he gritted his teeth; clenching his jaw. The same large hands that had just been put to use loving her were now fisted viciously at his side; knuckles stark white.

"Breac get a hold of yourself.."

Eyes of both highlander and lowlander fell upon Braigh as he cautiously placed a hand upon Breac's bare shoulder.

"Brother you need to breath, if yee are wanting to do what is best for Elspet yee have to be clear minded. Not let anger cloud yee judgement."Braigh spoke in calm and collected tones as he began to rub the tension from his eldest brother's shoulder.

"I would have to disagree I think anger is good, makes for a better fight"

Elspet let out the tiniest giggle at Hamish comment.

Braigh scowled before looking down at the boy tucked into his side. " What do yee know about good fights? Ye can't even see it to know if it is good.."

"Grunts"

Braigh furrowed his brow in questions "Grunts?"

"If it's a good fight there is always a lot of grunting..and if it's an amazing fight there is screaming and silence at the end.. you know when...happens"

Hamish dragged a slim finger across his throat when he spoke his last few words.

"Har Har very funny invalid, ye should be a jester" Breac all but growled as he took a threatening step towards the boy

Braigh's eyes snapped away from Hamish. Soft brown eyes going from adoration to anger in a split second as he took the hand he had placed on his brother's shoulder and pushed violently.

Breac tumbled back against the bed as Elspet squeaked and skittered off to avoid large flailing limbs of stone.

The eldest snarled as his eyes found his brother once more as he righted himself on the bed.

Braigh didn't flinch, not even once. He stood there in front of his boy ready for anything his brother would throw at him. It was almost as if he was oblivious to the fact that Breac was a head taller and built sturdy like their father. Either that or he didn't care.

"Ye don't speak to him that way! I would never dare speak to your love in that manor and I expect the same respect. I love ye brother put I will fight ye if you try to touch him once more. I am not your enemy, I am not Sionann. Breac your enemy is out there..not in here."

Breac merely grunted his disagreement.

"See what I said Ellie..lots of grunting"

"Hamish!"