Chapter Fourteen

She sobbed into the fur for what seemed like hours on end.

Truthfully Elspet had no idea how much time had passed.She didn't know when exactly Breac had left the room.Nor did she know when hands too small to be Breac's and too large for any woman's began to stroke her hair softly.

She did know that the light touch seemed to only make her cry more.

"Ellie?"

Her sobs quieted.

"Hamish?"

The hand stroking her hair pulled back to flick her playfully on the exposed temple."Of course it's me yee doof" Hamish chuckled half heartedly.Elspet rolled over and threw herself into dear friends arms;though this time she was much more conscious of her injuries.

Hamish wound his arms around the lass as soon as she nuzzled into his chest. "I missed yee Ham" Elspet mumbled into his chest small tears soaking into the harsh fabric of his tunic.

"I missed yee t-o"

Hamish's voice broke softly as tears began to fall from blind eyes and landed upon Elspet's cheek."Why are yee crying Ham?"She asked confused and she pulled away from his warm chest to brush the tears from his eyes with her thumb.

"I heard yee scream and your cries and I couldn't do anything to help yee"

                   ————————————————————————————————————————-

The sound of metal slicing flesh was like music to Breac's ears.Especially since it was theirs

After Breac had fetched to blind lad Elspet was enamored with he needed a way to channel his rage..and lust for vengeance.

He was in the midst of punishing every man that had dared laid a hand upon his lass.Breac wasn't like his father though.He would not tie them to a post and lash them into obedience he would earn their obedience and their respect upon a level playing field.

So he spared them.

One could argue it wasn't exactly a even playing field seeing as Breac was the best warrior in the lands but the ones with that opinion were smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

One by one Breac meticulously cut them down to size using his brute strength and cunning tactics and now he had silenced the last one.

Breac grinned as he cleaned his sword.

Warm satisfaction curled in his stomach as he cleaned their vile blood from his sword. He had made them all bleed for what they had done but the satisfaction of seeing their blood drip off his sword would only last so long. It was only a bandage for the problem.They had still hurt Elspet and nothing he did could change that.

"Yee look as if yee rolled in a carcass"