Chapter Twenty-Five

Breac looked at his father in complete disbelief. "Father! You canna do this"

"I can do whatever the hell I please Son so release the lass now."

Elspet merely clung tighter to Breac "Please Breac..Please! Yes my answer is Yes please don't let them take me..You can't just give me a glance at a better life then take it away; Because of politics!" Elspet sobbed into chest.

Breac felt tears spring from his eyes. as he reluctantly loosened his arms.

Elspet collapsed to the floor reopening the wounds on her back yet again as they soaked through her thin chemise. She clung to Breac's legs and mumbled a litany "Of yes I will marry you" and "Please don't let them take me".

Breac clenched his fists to his sides as he forced himself to gaze straight ahead.

Laird Macdonnell watched the sight with solemn eyes before grabbed the forearm of Laird Douglas "I donna think Sion would appreciate his bride bleeding and bruised. Ye will stay here till the lass is healed and if any harm is brought upon her again....We will have issues."

Laird Douglas smirked "I agree Sion does like to do his own..disciplining"

"Cailean get the lass"

Cailean looked at his father Laird Douglas with a puzzled look before obediently moving to dislodge Elspet from Breac's legs and picking her up bridal style.

Elspet gazed into Breac's eyes with such malice and pain he thought he would buckle from it.

"You lied"

"Elspet- please"

"You said you would protect me"

Breac reached out to her as she began struggling in Cailan's arms as he walked farther and farther away.

"You lied to me!!!!"