Chapter 36: Tragedy and Babies

Two weeks later, Naomi found herself in labor. And of course, it was the worst time. The Enterprise was getting hammered with blasts. Naomi was in a ton of pain and Jim couldn't be here.

A weird humanoid, Khan, had been threatening the ship. Jim suddenly ran in, covered in blood, worry in his face.

"Naomi, I'm so sorry I wasn't here." He said, rushing to her side.

"It's okay. You have duties to the whole crew." Naomi said kissing his lips. When she moved away, another contraction ripped threw her stomach. "OW!" She yelled, taking deep breaths. She gripped Jim's hand and yelled a little bit.

"Naomi, I as much as a hate it, I have to ....... Go. I love you sweetie. I love you." Jim said, pulling her into a deep kiss.

"I love you Jim." Naomi said, kissing him back.

"Love you boys." Jim muttered. "I love you."

Tears were forming in his eyes as he left. Naomi didn't know, but Jim was most certain to die. It was almost inevitable.

"You're doing great Naomi." Bones insisted, holding her hand. He was going to help her since all of his jobs were done for now and Jim couldn't be there.

"It hurts!" Naomi yelled in pain.

"I know. I know. You're going to be okay. Think about it, when you're done you'll have two babies." Bones said, a smile on his face. Naomi laughed and gripped his hand tighter as she had to push.

A baby's scream filled the room. Naomi relaxed and smiled. She got to see her first little boy before it was time to have the other one.

Another baby's cry surrounded them. The babies were finally here. Both Malcolm and Elliot were laid in her arms. Bones had to be rushed out of the room to another patient.

Malcolm had two different eye colors. One was light blue, like Jim's, and the other was dark brown. Doctors said he was okay and his vision was alright. He was born first. He was the larger of the two, seven pounds four ounces. His fists were very very tiny and he had some light brown hair.

Elliot had blue/green eyes, a mixture of Jim and Naomi's. He was the second one and a lot smaller. Five pounds eight ounces. He had light brown hair as well. According to the doctors, they should be identical, despite the eye colors.

"Where's Jim?" Naomi asked. She didn't get a response. "What happened? Is he hurt?"

"We'll let Doctor McCoy explain. You two are friends." A nurse said, helping Naomi adjust the babies in her arms.

"Okay." Naomi muttered.

About three hours later, Bones walked into her room. The babies were sleeping in hospital baskets. "What happened to Jim?" Naomi asked. Bones looked exhausted, emotionally and physically.

"Naomi, before you freak out, let me explain. Jim died. He was dead for about forty minutes." Bone started. Naomi hadn't heard after he's dead. She burst into tears and started sobbing.

"What?!" She asked, tears streaming down her face.

"He should be okay. Khan's blood has regenerative properties. I brought a dead tribble back to life with it, and now I have a lot. I gave some to Jim. He's back alive, but in bad shape. I don't now how long he'll be in a coma." Bones finished explaining. Naomi smiled and choked on her sobs.

"Thank you. Thank you for doing your very very best and bringing him back. We owe you." Naomi muttered, motioning for Bones to come closer. He walked over and she hugged him close.
"Can he still die?"

"Yes, but he's on constant monitors. He should be alright, but I have no idea when he'll wake up." Bones said, hugging her tight.

"Okay." Naomi muttered, tears silently streaming down her face.

She looked over and held her hand out to Malcolm, who had just woken up. Naomi couldn't wait for Jim to wake up and meet his sons, Malcolm Jackson Kirk and Elliot George Kirk.