Chapter 3: The Date

Jim Kirk nervously sat on a bench by the fountain, he had arrived a half hour early to wait. Jim needed time to think about his date with Naomi. Nervousness kept him going, the fear was like nothing he'd ever experienced before.

"Hey Jim." Naomi said, walking towards him. Jim looked over at her, astounded. She was wearing a blue dress that was flowing like a river. It went down to her knees, sleeves cutting off at her shoulders. Her hair was moved to one side of her head, a little color splashed on the tips.

Jim couldn't move, he couldn't comprehend what was happening. "Whoa." Jim whispered under his breath, gaining back some of his voice. "You look... gorgeous."

"Thank you! You don't look that bad yourself." Naomi smiled, laughing with Jim just from happiness. He was wearing a simple T-shirt with a blazer jacket, nicer pants than jeans. "So, where are we going?"

"Just do a restaurant I know. It's nothing too fancy, but the foods great." Jim said, holding out his hand. Naomi took it, mildly surprised at how strong and calloused it was.

They walked nine blocks to the restaurant. Naomi had sat down across from Jim, both of them blushing and exchanging awkward smiles frequently. When the waiter came with some water, they dropped it, spilling all over Naomi's dress. Neither cared, they just carried on with dinner like nothing happened.

After dinner, Jim led Naomi back to the fountain, hand in hand. "This was great." Jim stated, holding both of Naomi's hands in his when they stopped.

Naomi smiled and nodded, brushing hair from face. "It was one of the best dates I've been on."

"Um.. See you later?" Jim asked, leaning in to kiss her goodbye. She kissed him back, her lips soft. Jim's lips were harder, but the kiss was just as sweet.

"See- see you later." Naomi stumbled when they stepped apart. She glanced between where she was walking and Jim, flustered by what has happened. It wasn't bad, she loved it, it was just sudden. Not looking completely where she was going, she bumped into the fountain, causing her to fall in.

Jim had tried to grab her hand before she slipped, but it only caused him to fall. "It's slippery in here!" Jim yelled, trying to stand. He slipped and fell into the water again.

"You don't say." Naomi muttered, dragging herself out of the fountain.

"This was an interesting first date." Jim stated, finally climbing out. Both of their clothes were dripping uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I guess it was." Naomi mumbled, kissing him on the cheek. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Jim whispered as she walked away.

//////////////////

"How was your date?" Sabina asked, looking up at Naomi when she came back. "Why are you soaked in water?"

"I fell into the fountain, and the date was amazing. Nothing like you said it'd be." Naomi answered, walking to her closet to get something dry. She felt proud, good that Jim hadn't tried anything on her or done anything.

"He wasn't rude or gross or weird?" Sabina asked, astounded that Naomi hadn't burst in ranting and angry.

Naomi just laughed. "No, he's a perfect gentlemen."

"Was the date good?" Sabina asked again, still suspicious.

"It was great. Like a date to top all dates." Naomi said, laughing to herself. Dating Jim Kirk wasn't as bad as everyone thought. So far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, this is all edited, but the reason it still isn't the best is that I wanted to keep some of it how I originally wrote it. Short sentences and such, I just fixed the grammar best I could and added detail. Hope that's okay!

-Whovian3135