Chapter 37: Family Meeting

Three days later, Naomi was in the sickbay academy with the babies. She still needed to be monitored after having twins and Elliot had down breathing problems from being so small. Malcolm was cleared to go, but since neither Naomi nor Elliot could leave, she stayed.

Jim was in the sickbay too and Naomi was allowed to visit him. He was in a coma, so pale and fragile looking. The babies hadn't been taken to him yet, Naomi wanted to wait till he was awake.

Kayden and Alaska visited both of them frequently. Kayden thought the Malcolm looked awesome with the different eyes, and that Elliot was fragile. Whenever Naomi would offer him to hold Elliot, he would refuse for the fear of 'breaking his two friends baby.'

Alaska kept fussing about how cute they were. When she first saw them, she muttered "Awww, I want one. Leonard, let's have one." She then turned to her now boyfriend, Leonard McCoy. He froze, his face in terror.

"What?!" He yelled. "Are you crazy?! Not yet. Not yet. Not yet." He muttered.

"But think about what you have to do to make a baby." Alaska said, joking.

"That's always fun." Bones admitted, smiling to himself. "But we aren't ready yet." He said before walking off.

Alaska just shrugged and went on about the cuteness again. But, she did say that hers and Bones' would be cuter.

Today, Naomi's parents and her brothers were going to come and visit. They hadn't heard about Jim or the fact that it was twins. Or even that it was boys. Natalie was wrapped up in something with school, but she'd come later that week.

"Hey sweetie!" Becca said, opening her arms for a hug. Naomi gave her a hug and smiled. Nathan and Nolan gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Joey did the same.

"Hi!" Naomi said smiling.

"Where's Jim?" Nathan asked, looking around.

"About Jim." Naomi started saying.

"Did he walk out on you?! I will find him and kill him so god help me!" Joey started ranting.

"No! No! Dad! He didn't walk out on me." Naomi said, calming Joey down. "It's a long story. As you heard, the Enterprise was crashing. Jim saved everyone. He died in the process. But there was a man, Khan, who has regenerative blood. Bones injected Jim with it and it brought him back. He's in a coma, no one knows when he'll wake up, but he's been responsive. It should be soon."

"Oh, Naomi, I'm so sorry. At least he'll be okay." Becca said, tears running down her face. Naomi nodded and smiled.

"So, do we get to see our niece or nephew?" Nolan asked, lightening the mood.

"Actually, it was twins." Naomi said, grinning.

Becca screamed and started crying again. "I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDREN!!" She yelled, hugging Naomi. Nathan and Nolan were frozen with smiles on their faces. Joey was stunned.

"Yeah. Two grandsons." Naomi laughed. "I'll ask a nurse to bring them in. One is small, so he's kinda fragile. He has some breathing problems, but the other is perfectly fine."

Two nurses came in pushing the hospital baskets with the babies. They handed them to Naomi and left.

"Mom, take the one on my right. Dad, take the one on my left." Naomi said, holding the babies out carefully on the bed. Becca picked up Malcolm as gently as she could.

"I take it this is the small one." Joey said, picking up Elliot gingerly. Naomi nodded.

"Mom, you are holding Malcolm Jackson Kirk. Dad, you are holding Elliot George Kirk." Naomi said, grinning.