Chapter 23: Things Can be Okay

*two weeks later. Naomi and Jim have known each other for seven months. I changed some things about the 2009 movie. It isn't going to be on point, like how he got assigned or anything.*

Naomi's families house was about forty miles from the academy. Jim would be staying with her and her family for a while. He had gotten his work from his classes.

"Okay, you two are allowed to stay in the same bed. My wife has convinced me. But please don't kiss in first of me, it makes me want to hurt you." Joey said, showing them into the house.

"Yes sir." Jim said, re-adjusting the bag on his good shoulder. His injured shoulder was still in a sling. Nathan and Noah were carrying in other bags. Natalie had turned bright red and walked inside the house. She had a crush on Jim.

"I'll show you to the room." Naomi told Jim, dragging a bag up the stairs.

"Is that one a bit heavy?" He asked, laughing at her struggling.

"I'm fine." She grumbled, carrying up the bag.

When they reached the room, Naomi flopped down on the bed. Jim laid down next to her and sighed. "This'll be interesting." He muttered, looking over at her.

"It'll be.... New." She said, moving over to kiss him.

"What did I tell you about kissing in front of me!" Joey yelled, interrupting them.

"Sorry." They both grumbled, laughing.

That night, Jim and Naomi went to bed early. It had been a long day and both of them wanted rest. Jim's arm was still in a sling, despite it being almost a month. He could take it off more often though, like when he was sleeping.

Jim laid down in the bed and motioned for Naomi to join him. She snuggled up close to Jim, her chin in his shoulder. He moved his head over, their noses touching.

"Do you think we're safe?" Jim asked, kissing her lips.

"I don't know. Sabina was obviously the leader, but her followers could still be out there. That's why you're with me and my family." Naomi said, kissing him.

"You and your family will help protect me?" Jim asked, putting his hand on the back of her head.

"That's the plan." Naomi said.

"How would you like it if I tell you I got assigned to a Starship?" Jim muttered, moving away a bit.

"I did too." Naomi muttered, looking at him, her eyes filling with tears.

"We'll have to be away from each other." Jim muttered, sadness in his eyes. "I'm on the Enterprise."

Naomi screamed with happiness. "I'm on the Enterprise too!"

Jim's face lit up. He pulled Naomi in for a kiss. "We don't have to split up!" He exclaimed.

"No. We don't." Naomi muttered, smiling. "Love you." She added, holding him close.

"Love you." He mumbled, kissing her.