Chapter 39: Leonard and Alaska

Eight days later, Alaska and Bones came home, smiling. They were holding each other hands, grinning from ear to ear. Elliot was asleep in a car seat and Malcolm curled up on Naomi's stomach while she was reading.

"Why are you two smiling so much?" Naomi asked, awkwardly looking up from her book.

"We are engaged!" Alaska yelled, jumping up and down.

"Oh my god!" Naomi yelled, before instantly stopping and looking down at Malcolm. He stayed asleep.

"I know! I know! I know!" Alaska said, jumping up and down a little.

"Settle down sweetheart." Bones said, pushing Alaska onto the couch. He sat down beside her and kissed her. Naomi was smiling now.

"You two are so sweet." Naomi muttered, moving Malcolm a little on her.

"Yeah. I love her." Bones muttered, kissing Alaska again.

"Aww." Naomi mumbled.

"You're really missing Jim now, aren't you." Alaska said, looking serious.

"Yeah. But I'm okay." Naomi answered, looking down at Malcolm. Even asleep he looked a lot like Jim, it must be the hair and nose.

"He'll wake up soon." Bones said, smiling.

"I know." Naomi muttered, holding Malcolm's hand in hers. Elliot was still sleeping, like usual. He was just the tiniest thing.

"Want him?" Alaska asked, motioning to Elliot.

Holding back tears, Naomi nodded. Alaska picked up Elliot, careful to not to wake him up. She laid her beside Naomi in her other arm.

"We are going to go to bed." Bones said, helping Alaska stand. She's been having a little trouble sitting up and standing up, it also looked like she put in a little weight too.

"Congrats on the engagement!" Naomi said, cheery. They both nodded and thank you and left.

Naomi looked down at the two little babies in her arms. They were both identical asleep, the eyes gave them away while they were awake.

Suddenly, seven beeps alerted Naomi. Carefully, she moved her arms to grab the PADD. The first message startled her.

Jim's awake. He wants you. Please come.

~~ Spock ~~

Naomi nearly dropped the PADD. "BONES!! ALASKA!! JIM'S AWAKE. I'M GOING TO LEAVE. MEET ME THERE IN TWENTY MINUTES!"

She set the babies on the couch, careful to make sure they couldn't roll off. She jumped up and ran out of the apartment to the sickbay. Jim was awake.