Chapter 25: Amazing News

Jim and Naomi finished dinner before going home. Jim held Naomi's left hand, where the ring was, as they walked into the door.

"See, Joey, they're a great couple!" Naomi's mother pointed out as they walked inside. Jim and Naomi grinned at each other, holding hands even tighter.

"They do make a pretty good couple." Natalie said, smiling at them. She still has a little crush on Jim, but then again, who could blame her.

"We should make an even better one." Naomi said, holding out her hand that had the ring. Her hand was held over Jim's, she stood close to him. Becca and Natalie covered their mouths and gasped.

"OH MY GOD!" They screamed, giving Naomi and Jim a hug. Joey, Noah, and Nathan sat where they were. Not moving.

"Joey do you know what this means!" Becca yelled, extremely excited. Joey just shrugged. "We'll have a son in-law, maybe grandchildren! Think about it Joey, grandchildren."

"Woah woah woah woah." Naomi and Jim said, holding their arms out. "We're on step one and you're on step one thousand."

"Sorry." Becca muttered, tears streaming down her face.

"Why are you marrying my daughter? What's the number one reason to get married?" Joey questioned.

"Well, the number one reason to get married is pregnancy, but that didn't happen yet, so the next best thing is love and being ready." Jim joked. Joey just kept staring, am angered look on his face.

"We plan to get married as soon as possible, since we were both assigned to the Enterprise. It'll be a small wedding, just family and friends. Very small. Not very expensive. My friend, Kendall, is going to be my maid of honor and I'd like Natalie to be a brides maid." Naomi suggested. Natalie smiled and agreed.

"Our friend, Bones, will be my best man. Kayden and either Nathan or Naoh will be groomsmen. Sam, if he agrees, will be the other groomsmen." Jim said, motioning to Noah and Nathan.

"Who's Sam?" Becca asked.

"My brother. We aren't close and don't really get along, but recently as have. I'll try to get in contact with my mother." Jim added, smiling at Naomi.

She smiled back and kissed him. "Where will this wedding be?" Joey asked.

"We thought down by the lake. It's a nice spot, pretty. We got engaged there." Naomi said, shrugging.

"We leave for the Enterprise in two months, so we have to do the wedding by then. We could drive back to the academy to tell Bones and Kayden." Jim suggested. Naomi nodded and yawned.

"I'm going to bed." She muttered, saying good night to her family. Jim followed her up to the room.

"I can't believe we are engaged." Jim muttered again. Naomi kissed his cheek in response.

"I'll be Mrs. Naomi Kirk." Naomi said, her eyes widening.

"Naomi Kirk, that sounds good." Jim added, hugging her close.

"I love it." Naomi muttered, kissing his cheek again.