Chapter 11

The blond gaped blankly at the pink haired guy who was staring at her intensely. What in the world is he doing here? I never expected him to come at a time like this.

“Hey,” was all she could mutter. She looked down, feeling embarrassed of what her fake boyfriend had witnessed. It wasn’t like she was guilty. Why would she be guilty if their relationship and feelings are fake? She was rather feeling shy.

Natsu nodded at her silently. She was startled when Natsu pulled her arms. “We’re going to somewhere.” Somewhere?

“Hey, wait! I have to change my clothes!!”

“No need. We’ll just go to our house.” he said nonchalantly. He was acting really weird today, according to Lucy’s observations. She thought that Natsu wouldn’t help her in times like those. Unless he’s. . . no! He couldn’t! She tried to shake the thoughts out of her head and focused on the situation.

“Your house? You’re making me go to your house looking like this? A girl wearing a tank top and pajama with her messy bed hair and slippers? No way! Please, think about what people would say if they see me like this. They’re gonna think that—”

She trailed off. Natsu, realizing what she was about to say, flashed her a naughty smirk. “Oh, really? No one’s gonna think of that, actually. You’re the only one who’s thinking about it. You and your wild imaginations. Wait, do you want that imagination to come true? We could go to a hotel then— Ow!” Lucy had smacked his arms, telling him to cut it out. She blushed furiously. “Lucy Heartfilia’s embarrassed!”

Lucy huffed, “Okay then, I’m going inside.” He never changed. I was wrong and being paranoid awhile ago. Still the same old Natsu I know.

“Wait!” Natsu held her arm to stop her from walking away, laughing and grinning at her. He really found Lucy hilarious and.... something at the same time. A unique girl, in short. “Sorry, I was just kidding. Go, change your clothes. Something formal, okay? We’re going to my house, so dress up properly.” Lucy rolled her eyes, but then decided to oblige.

Lucy, after a few minutes, got out of her house. She decided to wear a cyan balloon dress that reached her knees. The cyan dress had dark blue gems. It was beautiful, just like her. Her hair was all fixed up now—in a ponytail. She didn’t wear any make up for she thought it was a nuisance and a waste of time.

Meanwhile, Natsu’s jaw dropped. Literally. He was staring at her with wide eyes,  trying to take in the wonderful sight in front of him. If you’re wondering as to why his reaction’s like that.. well, he rarely saw Lucy wear a dress. He thought it was only once in a blue moon. And this was his second time seeing her like that, obviously.

Lucy crossed her arms and peered at him as she slowly strolled her way towards him. She was wondering as to why his mouth was wide open. “Yo. Stop gawking at me like that. It’s making me conscious. I know it doesn’t fit me, so don’t make any comments.” she rambled on and on about how her dress didn’t really suit her.

Natsu, realizing he was just staring at her the whole time, shook his head. “Sorry for staring.” he apologized, looking everywhere but her. “I fancy you. I mean.. your dress.” he blushed furiously because he was really close in confessing to her. Luckily for him, Lucy was an oblivious idiot.

“What are you, british? And please, stop bluffing. It won’t work on me anymore. This dress doesn’t fit me. Don’t give me white lies. And I know that you.. don’t.. like me.. at all....” she slowly trailed off. The blond remembered Natsu’s words: I like you and Some jokes are half-meant. It drove her crazy everytime she remembered his words.