Chapter 5

"Natsu." The blond girl breathed out in pure awe. It had been three months; it's natural she's gonna react like that. Natsu looked more mature than ever, though, unbeknownst to Lucy, Natsu's playboy attitude even when it comes to business never faltered. The way Natsu stared at her was like she's been caught red handed. Well, technically, she was caught red handed. Barging in a large company and beating the sh*t out of the workers just to find and meet the boss? Heck yeah.

"Uh, what are you doing here? Someone told me you were looking for me?" Lucy, as if she had snapped the heck out of it, cleared her throat.

"I just wanted to visit... a friend!" She reasoned. Natsu didn't seem to buy her answer for she was too ecstatic and cheerful. Also, she looked nervous. "Well, aren't we friends?"

I'm your ex-boyfriend. I don't really know if we're friends now.

"Uh, yeah. But it's sudden."

Lucy secretly bit her lip in anxiousness. Why was she nervous? It's only Natsu! Her ex-boyfriend!

Right, because she was talking to the one she likes.

She tried to think of a more decent reason-one that will be acceptable.

"I was informed that you came here in Singapore. Didn't know you had it in you to have businesses." Lucy, wanting to act casual, nudged Natsu much to his surprise. He didn't expect that one coming. I mean, this was Lucy. She never had the playful side... or maybe she did but if I'm around she doesn't let me see this mood of hers. It's either she punches me or curses me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" What, are we even friends now? With the way she's speaking I guess so.

"Not to be rude but why did you come here?" Natsu queried, tilting his head in suspicion.

"I told you, I wanted to visit a friend." Yeah, the reason is very close to the real one.

"Why visit me? Am I a friend of yours now?"

The blond girl's heart was like struck by a thousand lightning. Friend. It's Levy's advice. If she wanted to get Natsu back then she must work hard for it. She must first start by being friends with him. She must take it slowly but surely. Unlike the time when they were still dating wherein Natsu was a "stranger" to her, this time she wanted to get to know him better. She wanted to see the real Natsu.

Though, if she ever fails in getting his heart again, she'd surrender like a good puppy. You could never force someone to love you back, is her motto now. Sounds cheesy, but it's the consequence of falling in love.

Number two, Levy's voice rung in her mind. Never show the first motive. You're a girl, for Pete's sake. But if he still doesn't get it then drop the bomb! Though I think you'll do the second one knowing that boy's nature.

"Natsu," Lucy exhaled. It's now or never. "Let's be friends again. Forget about what happened back then. Forget that we ever had that relationship. All you have to do is remember this friendship of ours." Drop the first hint. Lucy went close to Natsu's ear which made him shiver. "Okay?" Then, as quick as a cheetah, she pulled back and stretched out a hand for him to seal the deal.

Seeing Lucy's outstretched hand pulled him out of his trance. He (painfully) slowly reached out for her hand, hesitant. Once their hands made contact, Lucy felt a warm feeling coursing through her veins. Natsu didn't feel anything at all except for awkwardness. Being friends with his ex-girlfriends wasn't on his bucket list. But since this was Lucy, he had no choice but to agree.

"It's okay!" I think. The glee in her voice confused Natsu a lot. He was just gone for a month and now Lucy became like this?

He didn't know, but it's Levy's advice number three. Act casually. Talk casually. Nothing ever happened.

... However, Lucy overdid it. She became cheerful-so not her nature. It was sickening for Lucy and she didn't know the reason as to why she has to act like that because it's useless. If Levy was with her she would've smacked Lucy's head in frustration.

"So why did you beat up my workers?" Lucy's bright smile dropped. It took all her willpower for her to contain a blush.

Lucy is still a sadist, an understatement.

"W-Well..." I don't know! Because I wanted to see you immediately and they won't tell me where you are? Heck no I won't tell him that. "I'm a sadist, you know that." Sorry, myself. I just need to badmouth you. "There were lots of people around so I got the golden opportunity." Natsu will believe my reason, I'm sure of it.

The pinkette bursted out into fits of laughter. "That was the best thing you've told me! Ever!" He stopped laughing and pursed his lips. "Okay. You really missed me, huh?" Natsu's amused smile morphed into a naughty smirk. The urge to blush worsened, much to Lucy's dismay.

"Kind of." Before Lucy's words rolled off her tongue, she thought that it wouldn't be bad if she would be blunt. It'll sound cheesy that's for sure. Natsu's reaction, on the other hand, was a nine day wonder.

"Oh, don't fool around." He tittered. But some jokes are half-meant. You're the one who told me that, Is what Lucy would like to say, but she kept her mouth shut. "Joking aside, why are you really here?"

"I'm not lying, Natsu. I told you, you're my friend." The blond girl said flatly. "Why, aren't you my friend?"

"But you have school." Natsu reasoned in a tone like he was arguing with Lucy. "I'm sure you'll miss a lot of things."

"Shouldn't I be telling you that myself?" She retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, but I have a valid excuse. I'll be studying here in Singapore." I know. That's why I miss you already. "Business is getting fun. That's why Mom sent me here."

"I see." Lucy mumbled, not knowing what to say. Should she still stay? "Uhm, I guess that's it. I just wanted to visit you because you weren't around for a month."

"So you really missed me after all." Natsu guffawed. "Okay, okay. You should return now. Surely, Levy misses you already." What about you? Didn't you miss me?

"Right." She faked a smile. Deep inside, it hurt her a lot-it hurt like hell. Even if she was struck by thousands of lightning, the emotional pain inside of hers will still remain victorious. She knew Natsu doesn't care about her now. The ruefulness Levy had told her all about bubbled in her chest.

Then she felt something wet on her cheeks. The roof doesn't have a hole does it?

Oh. It's my tears.

Why the f**k am I crying!? Even more, in front of this basta*d!

"Lucy?" Natsu queried, disconcerted. "Why are you crying?"

"Huh? I am?" What kind of idiotic question am I asking him? "Oh, I just miss mom."

"Then you should go home!" He grinned and slapped her back. With that simple gesture Lucy couldn't help but feel abashed. "Japan would love to see you."

"As if." The blond girl chuckled and wiped the stray tear that fell from her eyes. "Bye." She beamed bitterly at the pink haired guy before exiting the room without even waiting for a reply.

Natsu, from above the building, watched her walk away as many thoughts crossed his mind.