♣Chapter 9♠

School is to blame!! Again!! Sorry for the super delayed update!! And it was my birthday last Tuesday.. so gomenasai! Here's my birthday treat to make it up to you guys...

__________________________

Chapter 9 - Some Jokes Are Half-Meant

“You know, your joke isn’t funny. Let’s just say that, we’re doing this because of revenge, okay?” Lucy said bluntly, slurping onto her Cola. She liked Cola to the point that she always drink it every morning. The question is that how come she's not getting fat? After all, she loves to eat almost any food she sees edible.

"Okay then, it's not funny." Lucy became weirded out at Natsu's sudden change of mood. He's not a girl, is he? He's not supposed to have mood swings. "Wanna go home? Your mom texted me that she's not gonna be home. She's gonna be with your father. They're going to a business trip. She told me it's okay if I bring you home late at night, as long as I didn't do anything unworthy to you while they're away."

"I don't know. I don't feel sleepy at all. Besides, I'm gonna be home alone. My brother, Loki, just got his apartment. So.. yeah. Home alone. Mom and dad are gonna be on a business trip, as you have informed."

Natsu grinned, "Let's go home. Movie marathon?" Lucy beamed, nodded, and skipped ahead of him. Her house was not that far, so it's okay if they're gonna walk home.

“What should we watch, though?” Lucy glanced behind her. Natsu just had his hands on his head, staring at the starry sky. He smiled at Lucy mischievously.

“Fifty Shades of Gray.” Then a shoe flew to his face. “Ow.” Lucy glared at him. Her mood was totally ruined. Suddenly, she had a movie in her mind. She sneered at Natsu and dragged him all the way to their house.

“What would we watch?”

“The Notebook.”

Natsu let go of the foods he had. “Hey! Nice joke! You almost got me there.” he then picked up the foods again.

“I’m serious. See? That’s what you get for telling me to watch Fifty Shades of Gray.”

“What, can’t you take a joke?” he huffed, rolling his eyes. “Obviously, I was kidding.”

Lucy made a face at him. “Sorry dude, but I don’t love jokes. It’s not in my dictionary. Now then.. come on, honey.”

“No! Can we just do anything? Like, you know.” Natsu wiggled his eyebrows at her knowingly.

Lucy acted grossed out. “Ew! Yuck! Just.. disgusting!! Pervert!! I don’t wanna do that thing, especially with you!!” she blushed at her last statement. “Anyways, you were the ones who suggested that we can just have a movie marathon. There’s no taking back, so let’s go.” she pulled him by his ears, and Natsu just cried in sorrow.

After a few more minutes of walking in silence, they reached Lucy's house. Lucy opened the gate with one push, Natsu staring at her in pure astonishment. He never imagined a girl being that strong. He wondered if Lucy was even a girl.

"Hey, what are you staring at?" Lucy asked, cocking an eyebrow at him. He shook his head and followed her all the way inside their house, his uneasiness coming back. The fact that he was watching a shameful movie like The Notebook was just unacceptable. Especially on his birthday.

"Pft. What's up with you today? All the faces you make are totally hilarious. Is it because you're happy?"

"Oh, I'm not happy." Natsu grumbled, rolling his eyes. He groaned when Lucy found the DVD that she was looking for. Lucy chuckled after she put the DVD on the player then wrapped her arms around him tightly.

She grinned and whispered to his ear, "Happy birthday, honey munchkins." Natsu told her to remove the happy on his birthday because he's not happy and enjoying at the time. Lucy laughed, tears almost coming out of her eyes. She was so overjoyed that her laugh was becoming weirder by each passing second.

While watching, Lucy laughed. She cried at some parts, mumbling that the movie is great and touching at the same time. Natsu had his poker face most of the time, which he only have when he's annoyed or pissed off at one thing. He's not happy. He even became Lucy's hankerchief. Now his polo shirt is wet.

They watched more movies, like Despicable Me and Lost. Lucy had different expressions on her face that Natsu never thought she'll show in front of him. She sometimes giggle, which she rarely do, matter-of-factly. Her eyes sparkle when she's about to smile. Sometimes, she'll be tensed because of some suspense scenes. It was amazing for him.

Lucy fell asleep without even noticing. Natsu was shocked to see her sleeping face.

"I wonder why your face isn't like that when you're awake. Look how peaceful and beautiful you are. I hope you're forever asleep. One more thing. You're a one of a kind girl and...." Lucy felt like she was dreaming at what she's hearing, so she shifted a little. "I like you." It was soft, and she wasn't sure if it was just her pure imagination, but she felt a pair of lips on her forehead before she completely fell asleep.

The next day, she woke up into the sound of her alarm. She turned it off in annoyance. "So early." she grumbled, blinded by the bright light. "Why the heck am I in bed? I thought I was having a movie marathon with Natsu? Did I fall asleep?" She inquired to no one in particular. She shrugged and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

When she came out of the bathroom, she went straight downstairs; to the living room. "Good morning." Natsu smiled. Lucy's jaw dropped when she saw Natsu wearing an apron. "I cooked breakfast. Come and eat with me on the dining table."

"S-Seriously? You can cook? Like, I never thought about that, not in a millisecond." Lucy lifted an inquisitive eyebrow. "I thought you were a good-for-nothing boy who knew nothing besides the fact that he's rich and a playboy." Lucy spoke too bluntly that Natsu frowned.

"You know, it's better to keep some opinions and comments to yourself." he said. "She doesn't even know how to say thank you. What's up with that, huh? No gratitude. Tsk. How rude." he mumbled.

"What was that?" Lucy inquired with venom in her voice. Natsu shook his head, in fear of what might happen next if he repeated himself. He'll say goodbye to the world, if he'll repeat it. Lucy shrugged it off and sat on the chair, far from Natsu.

Natsu noticed this and couldn't help but ask. "Hey, why don't you sit beside me?"

"Because I don't want to. Stop making things a big deal. Oh. Another thing. Go home after we eat breakfast. I have many things left to do before mom and dad comes home." Natsu remained silent.

She frowned. I wonder why he's so quiet....

Then Lucy remembered something. Something from the night before.

"I like you," then she felt a pair of warm lips on her forehead.

'What the heck. It was just an imagination, Lucy. Now you're making something a big deal.'

Lucy was out of her train of thoughts when Natsu spoke. "Hey Lucy. I gotta tell you something before I go." Natsu spoke calmly. "I like you." Lucy spat out the juice she was drinking and coughed a lot of times. When she recovered, her eyes widened. As wide as a piece of tennis ball. Natsu laughed to Lucy's surprise.

"Why are you laughing?"

"It was just a joke, silly. Hey, your face was priceless. I should've taken a picture of you. It'll be trending, I swear." He laughed again, louder than before. Lucy's flushed face made it even harder for him to breath from laughing. Lucy pouted. She was tricked, and she hated it. She was so pissed off at Natsu.

"I'm going," she stormed off all the way to her room.

"Hey, Lucy!" Natsu called off to her and she stopped mid-way to listen. She thought that he was going to say sorry, but what he said gave her the chills. The goosebumps. A line that she never expected to come out from the mouth of Natsu. "Some jokes are half-meant."