Chapter 1

"Lisanna. I'm breaking up with you." Natsu had his face all expressionless. The white haired girl looked up at him, blue eyes wide.

"Y-You're kidding me." She faked a laugh, taking Natsu's statement as a joke. She knew that maybe he was just trying to cheer her up.

Natsu shook his head, "I'm not kidding." And he turned to leave Lisanna, her eyes welling up with tears.

The girl tugged at the hem of his shirt. "Please. You know that I can't live without you," she cried, her eyes begging for him to don't leave her alone. Her knees became weak, causing for her to lose balance. Natsu, as a prided and harsh casanova, didn't help her get up. He just stared at her with a blank face.

"Don't touch my shirt." He demanded, getting annoyed and glaring at Lisanna. She shook in fear as she loosened her grip on him. After that, Natsu left Lisanna on the sidewalk, causing for her to blubber. The people started whispering to each other, commenting on how poor Lisanna was and how cruel Natsu was.

Lucy just went outside the grocery shop, humming a Taylor Swift song when suddenly, she bumped into the casanova who just broke up with Lisanna awhile ago. Her grocery items fell with a 'thump' on the cement. "Hey, watch where you're going, mister!" She growled at him, her mood instantly changing.

Natsu looked down only to see the blond beauty picking up her grocery items. He smirked, lifting up his sunglasses. "Hey, miss. Wanna go out with me?" That's Natsu for 'ya. Asking a girl out that he just met. His confidence was overloaded, to the point that he'd make a non-living thing be intimidated at him. Well, even all the living creatures in the world.

But Lucy was different. "Like I'd go out with a guy with pink hair who's wearing sunglasses when winter is near. Yeah, right. Convince me when I've lost my mind." She rolled her eyes, completely disgusted at the stranger.

Natsu chuckled at Lucy, completely amused by her choice of words and actions. He had never met a girl like Lucy ever before, because all the living creatures that took one look at him will fawn and drool. Maybe he can even make a wild lion stay put with his looks. But he was not buying this one. He's sure he can make her fall for him in a split second. "Playing hard to get, are we?"

"Hard to get? What are you talking about? I think you've lost your mind. Lemme guess, you're one of the people who just escaped the mental hospital?" She questioned, standing up and clutching onto her grocery items. "I'd be more than happy to call a mental hospital right now."

"Aw, it's okay to be like that. Just keep on denying that you like me. On your mind, you're completely gushing about the fact that you've met a hunk." He winked at Lucy, almost making her puke. The nerve of this guy. Ugh.

"Shut up. You're wasting my time, dummy. Sorry that I broke your heart. Not!" She smirked, walking ahead of him, head held high. She felt completely victorious, like she'd beaten up a sumo wrestler.

Natsu, on the other hand, was slightly astonished. The girl he just met was a tough one. He liked girls like Lucy-fierce and hard to get. He wasn't going to give up on her, but unfortunately, he has eyes on many other girls on his school. He planned on making them fall for him and break their hearts. He decided to let the girl get away, but then if he met her again one day, he'd definitely get her.

Lucy walked along the sidewalks of Magnolia, stopping abruptly when she saw a friend of hers crying helplessly on the floor. She dropped her grocery items on the floor, bending down to shake her friend gently. "Hey. Lisanna. Are you okay? What happened?"

Lisanna sniffed loudly before glancing up at Lucy with teary, red, and puffy eyes. "My... my boyfriend... he dumped me..." she answered sadly. Lucy's grip on Lisanna's shoulders tightened as she heard the word boyfriend. She was sure that Lisanna's boyfriend either had another woman, or that her boyfriend is a casanova.