♣Chapter 8♠

School is to blame for the late updates. Sorry, guys.

______________________

“What the. You didn’t tell me it was your birthday today.” Lucy said, her voice almost inaudible in shock. She quirked an eyebrow at Natsu, who was shaking his head, amusement written all over his face. He told her that it was fine and that there was nothing to worry about it. He also asked her if she would like to have dinner with him before taking her home.

The blond was not that ‘cruel’ to him. Lucy is really a girl with a nice and pure heart. She just doesn’t really show it that much. She realized one thing: Natsu just loves to break the hearts of women, but he’s a kind person. An evidence was that he took her to his birthday party without even knowing it was his birthday.

Lucy bit her lower lip hesitantly, “Hey. I know it would be such a shame if I wouldn’t give you a gift after you let me devour almost all the food at your party. Soo.. to be fair, I, uh, would like to treat you dinner.” she shuffled her feet uncomfortably, staring at the ground. She’s nervous, an understatement.

Natsu’s eyes glimmered in awe. He couldn’t believe that a person like Lucy, a tomboy, had a heart in reality. He gasped and grinned, teasing her. “Wow. So you’re a kind one now?” he laughed. “Lucy is a softieeee.” he sang, skipping ahead of Lucy.

Lucy caught up with him and gave him an uppercut, scowling. “Never say such a thing again. Understand?” she warned with venom in her voice. Natsu grimaced, slumping on the cement.

“It’s my birthday and you treat me like that? Why you do this to me?” he queried dramatically, trying to cover up his pained (literally) expression.

"Quit being a cry baby and stand up or else I won't be treating you anymore to dinner." she demanded impatiently, crossing her arms. Natsu pouted. His dramatic acting didn't work on Lucy. Amazing and interesting, he thought.

"So, where are we going to eat?"

"To a restaurant, of course." she answered matter-of-factly like it was the most obvious thing in the whole wide world. She flailed her arms and sighed. "But actually, I don't have enough money, so let's eat on a fast food chain." she added with a thoughtful look on her face.

"Oh, never mind. I'm the one who must spend money 'cause I'm the boy, you know." Natsu smiled, shoving his hands on his pockets.

"What? No! It's your birthday. Consider it as my gift."

"As much as I'm touched and amazed at your behavior, no. I'm sorry, but as a boy, it's my duty to be the ones who spend their money on dates."

"This. Isn't. A. Date."

"Don't ruin the moment, honey. I've already told you, this is a date. Don't ruin the moment." he winked at Lucy playfully.

"Still though. I insist. It's—"

"Shh." The pink haired boy put his index finger over Lucy's mouth, causing her to stop protesting. “No need to ramble stupid things.” The boy leaned closer to the girl’s face. Lucy gasped in horror, her heart racing. She blushed furiously, tensed. Natsu laughed and just pecked her cheeks.

“Seriously, what’s wrong with you?” Lucy grumbled.

“Me? The thing that is wrong with me is maybe because I fell in love with you.” he grinned. Lucy felt a pang of jealousy because of his perfect white teeth.

“Hah. In my dreams. Don’t think that I would be tricked by a lowly human like you.” she snapped with hatred.

“Some jokes are half-meant.” the pink haired boy murmured, which Lucy didn’t hear.

“What was that?”

“Oh, nothing. Let’s go. Your mom will kill me if I wouldn’t take you home in two hours. One more thing. No need to be shy and all. It’s my birthday and our first date, so let me treat you like my real girlfriend and princess. I’m the prince, hehe.” he said, chuckling. Lucy just rolled her eyes and let him take her to a resto. A fine and expensive resto. It was really cozy in there compared to the outside.

Natsu pulled a chair for Lucy to sit on. The blond girl felt a little bit overwhelmed. Is he really this gentle and cheesy when he dates girls? If yes, then no wonder all of his ex-girlfriends want to be with him again. Well, I know he’ll treat me like this for awhile. Let’s say that for a week, we’ll break up. And I’ll be the one who’ll break up with him. Oh, I’m so excited!!

“What are you giggling about?” Natsu asked, puzzled. He was reading the menu. Lucy shrugged and picked up the menu to look through all the foods that she will order. She drooled over the food that she saw. Pizza, Fries, Ice Cream, Cola.. she knew she might get fat, but she didn’t care. She liked to eat. When she’s at home, she’s the one who finishes all the food at the table, actually.

“Sir, Madam, what’s your order?” a guy with slicked back hair queried. Natsu realized this was the waiter by the way he dressed up.

“One Cheese burger and Iced Tea....” he trailed off, giving Lucy an inquisitive look. “Honey, what’s your order?”

Lucy scratched the back of her head and spoke, “One pizza, chocolate ice cream, fries—cheese flavor, Cola, rice, fried chicken, baked macaroni, mushroom sou—”

“Hey, hey! Are you sure you’re okay? You’re ordering almost everything! I’d be broke if you’ll order that much–” Lucy’s stomach growled loudly, making the waiter stifle a laugh. The people around their table started chuckling and looking at them. Lucy’s cheeks became pink from the embarrassment she got. “Okay, I get it. I don’t care if I’ll be broke. You’re really hungry, eh?” Lucy threw her small bag at him with knitted eyebrows.

“So that’s all? Okay, the order’s coming right up!” the waiter dashed off.

“While waiting, let’s get to know each other more, shall we? I want to know my girlfriend more.” Natsu smiled. Lucy had this stupid smile on her face, suddenly remembering her chat with Gray the night before. “Hello? Earth to Lucy!” he waved a hand at Lucy.

The blond shook her head and asked, “Never mind. What are we going to talk about? What kind of getting to know, rather?”

Natsu was kinda crept out by the sudden change of mood of the blond. “You know, introduce yourself and tell me your likes and dislikes, when’s your birthday, those kinds of stuffs.”

Lucy raised an eyebrow at him. “Excuse me? And why am I gonna introduce myself to you? Stalker.” she stuck out her tongue with a playful hand gesture.

“Because you’re my girlfriend, okay?”

“That is so not an excuse. Why? Perhaps.. you’re falling for me?” Natsu stayed tranquil for a few minutes, not answering the blond and just staring at her. “Well....?” she muttered expectantly, feeling tensed, again.

“Uhm, yes. Of course you’re my girlfriend, so I love you, silly!” Lucy acted grossed out at Natsu’s reply, and Natsu just laughed at her reaction. He was expecting it. He just wanted to make the atmosphere comfortable and nice.

Partly.

There’s a true reason as to why he’s acting like that.

But of course, let’s confirm it first....

To be continued in Chapter 9: Date, Part 2