Chapter 29

My eyes slowly open, and I hold my hand to my head at a sudden pain, causing me to grit my teeth.

I look around, my eyes wide, remembering what happened. I see Jason, Adam, Ty, Preston and Rob around me with concerned eyes.

"You alright, Brice?" Adam asks. I slowly nod, but I'm not sure if it's full heartedly.

I clear my throat. "W-w-where's S-Seto?" I stutter nervously.

Rob sighs. "He's recovering. The Enderman damaged him pretty hard."

I try to stand up, attempting to block out the gigantic amount of pain in my legs. "Then why am I not with him?"

Jason puts a hand on my shoulder. "Because you need to rest. We don't know what happened or how you passed out, but you need some sleep."

"Not in a time like this!" I shout, really not meaning to. Jason was taken back a bit. "Guys, do you not understand what's happening right now?! This is practically a life-or-death situation!"

I push past them, needing to find Seto.

* * *

I walk up to Mitch, Jerome and Ian. "Where's Seto?"

They all exchange uncertain looks. "When did you wake up?" Jerome asks me.

I shrug. "Like, six minutes ago?"

Mitch points behind him, where Tyler, Vikk and Lachlan are. "Those three are with him."

I nod and walk over.

Seto is lying down on a blanket, practically curled up in a ball. He looks traumatized. I sat down next to him, which made him flinch slightly and look up.

I gasped, noticing burns on the sides of his face. My eyes soften as Seto sits up. "Brice, what'd you do?" he asks, his voice raspy.

"What do you mean?"

Seto coughed. "When you fell to your knees, you screamed before passing out, which made the Enderman teleport away."

My eyes widen. "I-it did? I honestly don't know if that did happen because of me or not."

* * *

Seto was back on his feet, and we were all prepared to battle the Ender Dragon.

Alot of us had Ender Pearls, so we could take out the healing crystals easily.

I was still nervous what could happen. One of us could die, who knows! Like, we just made a friendship with the Pack who tortured us in our past, now we're working along side them.

We were all out in the open, swords-- or axes-- and bows drawn, with a few water buckets, ready for what the End will come at us with.

All of a sudden a burst of wind came over our heads, and the legendary dragon landed infront of us, giving us a mighty roar.

"So this is actually happening.." I mumble. Seto looks over at me, equal fright in his eyes. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek for reassurance, and he smiles.

The dragon takes off into the air again, making a few of us stumble back by the gust of wind.

Mitch, Preston, Jason and Ian fire their bows while Adam, Rob, Lachlan and I go after the crystals.

I teleport up to the top of a tower, and hit the crystal with my pickaxe. It explodes, flinging me off the edge with a scream.

I grab onto the edge of the obsidian. I glance downwards, seeing a few people below me. I'm probably over fifty blocks up.