Chapter 17

Alright, gimme a moment to tell you guys that you are all absolutely awesome!! The book has gotten over 90 fridging reads! I am so greatful, you have no idea. Thank you all so much!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room around me was dark. I looked around, my mind buzzing with questions.

Where am I? Why am I here? Where's Seto?

I stood up and walked over to iron bars on one of the walls. I take a deep breath.

"Hello?" I call out, my voice echoing along the walls. Then I hear quiet footsteps approaching, so instinctivly I back away.

A man walks up to the bars and glares at me through the darkness.

"Hm, you're awake."

I speak, my voice raspy and stuttered.
"W-w-who are y-you?"

He smirks, taking off his brown yet fashionable fedora. "I am the owner of this place, yet no one ever retrieves my real name."

"Well, h-how do I get out of h-here?" I ask. His brown eyes glimmer.

"How ever you like."

I groan. "Cut the riddles, get to the point."

He smirks again. "Well, you see, Brice, you may leave whenever you choose to, but it's not quite simple. It's all fate if you believe it is." A steel door opens, and I walk out.

"Well, do I at least get a name I can call you by?" I say, ignoring that he know's mine and I've never even met him.

He thinks for a moment. "Call me Notch." Then he disappears from sight.

I sigh and begin walking.

* * *

I walked through the fields, admiring the dozens of wild flowers. Then one very flower caught my attention.

It had golden petals that reminded me of Tassy with her blonde hair. With the flower, the petals also had blue specks the exact same shade of her eyes. I picked a few. This would be perfect for Tassy.

* * *

I don't understand much about how I'm suppose to escape this place, whatever this place is.

It reminds me a bit of that game I met the guys on. Craftmine, was it called?

I float down a waterfall into a cavern I found. I pick up a bat, petting it's head. It reminds me of Dillon, so maybe I'll give him to Jason.

* * *

I begin to swing my pickaxe at a stone, gold ore, I think. I pick it up and toss it into a furnace I built eariler. Whenever we played the game, Adam would always call the material "budder". Maybe I'll give it to him.

* * *

I flinched as an arrow wooshed past my head, and I turn to see a skeleton with an enchanted bow. I swing my iron sword at it, and it falls into a pile of bones. I pick up the bow, which still has a decent amount of use. Mitch would appreciate it, I'm pretty sure.

* * *

I was back up on the surface. I gathered a few sticks so I could craft some extra tools. I layed out some diamonds and two sticks on my workbench. The final piece was a diamond axe. I shuddered, thinking about the Pack, but then remembered Jerome used to have an axe named Betty in the Hunger Games.

* * *

I stared at the sun as it rose from the horizon. I gripped onto the vines of the jungle tree to climb down when something caught my eye. I climbed up the tree instead, and pulled a banana from the bunch. Hmhp, it reminded me of Ty's intro on his channel.

* * *

I was flipping through a book when a villager walked up and kindly greeted me. I smiled, searching through his trades.

I came up to something interesting, a purple gem with swirls of grey and black. It was beautiful. I bought it for three diamonds, which I didn't bother trading.

I finally had something that represented all my friends. And I will give it to them.