Chapter 24

I hear whistling and Seto and I pull apart. The guys are whistling like they're all drunk. I blush immensely, but Seto kissed my cheek, saying it's alright.

But Tassy, on the other hand. Her jaw was practically on the floor. Jerome snaps his fingers, bringing her back to reality. "Hello? Earth to Tassy?"

Tassy runs at us and hugs us both. "SetoSolace is real! The ship has sailed!" she cheers.

I look over at Seto, whose cheeks are a bright red. "You already came up with a ship name for us?" She nods.

* * *

Alot of the students of MAU were out on campus since it hasn't rained in awhile. Seto and I were sitting on the bleachers by the football field, watching the guys mess around.

We couldn't find a football, so they were playing with a loaf of bread. No idea who came up with that.

Adam had the footba-- footbread, I guess, until Ty tackled him to the grass. Jason ran up and scooped up the loaf.

"Never!" Seto shouted, and ran down to the field. I quickly followed after him.

Seto duck-and-rolls into Jason, and I snatch the bread. "Foul!" the star laughs.

As I'm running, I'm tapped on my left shoulder, and I glance over. I look back forward and I don't have what we're using for a ball.

I grin to see Mitch laughing with the bread in his hand. "You played that trick? Really Hughes?" I shouted.

He passes it to Jerome, and he throws it past the goal post thingy. The Canadian tackled him, cheering in victory.

"Yeah, sure," my roommate chuckles. Seto walks up and sits on Jerome, while I sit on Mitch. "Aw, come on. Really?"

Adam, Ty and Jason are laughing as they walk up to us. Ty and Jason take a seat with Seto on Jerome, Adam with me on Mitch.

"Aw, what! How come I get more people?" Jerome groans, which makes us all laugh.

A girl in a blue and black checkered shirt and jean shorts walks up and plops herself on Mitch beside me.

"Ah yeah, now it's fair," Jerome says, face planting into the grass.

I look over at the girl. "Hey Hazel."

Seto looks over at me. "You know her?"

I nod. "Yeah. Met a few days ago, when I.. We.. uh, you know."

Jason chuckles, looking down at his new chair. "Should we get off of them?"

Ty leans back, laying down over Jerome's back. "Nah, I'm surprisingly comfortable." Jerome groans at his comment, muffled by his face still in the grass.

"Graahh!" Mitch roars, sitting up, Adam, Hazel and I falling off his back.

"Ah! The beast has awoken from it's slumber!" Adam exclaims. He gets up and runs, shouting. He duck-and-rolls somewhere around the fifty-yard line, making us all burst into a fit of laughter.

Hazel glances over at me, a smile on her face. Her brown hair, that has a streak of blue, is tied up in a pony tail, a strand falling over her face. She's beautiful, really, but not as much as Seto.

"Are they always like this?" Hazel laughs. I nod. "Pretty much."

* * *

Everyone's sitting on the bleachers, and Tassy came out to join us, so she and Haze were talking.

Merome were discussing their next Battle Dome, while the Skylox pair and Jason were talking about once where they were all in prison together.
Sigh.. Good times.

Seto and I were just chilling out, looking around the campus. On the other side of the field far off, four figures came out of the trees.

All of them wielded shimmering blue weapons, diamond swords. My eyes widen, remembering them. I'm brought back to reality by Seto.

"Brice? You okay?"

I look over at him and nod. "Yeah, I'm fine." I glance back over to the woods. The four people were gone, but I still had an uneasy vibe.

Seto placed his hand on my shoulder, and I flinch in pain away from his gentle, yet somehow painful touch. He looks at me concerned.

"Oh, right. That's the shoulder Preston shot.. Sorry, Brice," Seto says softly, bitting his lower lip. I pull him into a small hug.

"It's alright. I just remembered too, anyways." I rest my head on his shoulder, by mood slowly darkening as I think more and more about the Pack.

* * *

We were walking around the school, taking in the surroundings. Hazel had gone to check out her new classes. I put my hands in my pockets and feel something. I pull it out, seeing a small pouch with rope sealing it.

I cough. "Guys?" Everyone looks to me, and I drop the charms into my palm. "I, uh, hard to explain, but I got these all for you."

I handed the small charms out to everyone. The flower to Tassy, the bat to Jason, the gold ingot to Adam, banana to Ty, bow to Mitch, and axe to Jerome.

Seto looked at me, and I picked up his hand. I placed his charm in his palm, the purple gem. He picked it up and admired it, then hugged me. "Thank you, Brice. But where did you get them?"

I bit my lip, looking down at my own charm, the enchanted sword. "When I woke up.. From my coma." I could tell everyone was baffled by my statement, but they didn't question it.

* * *

"Seto!" I scream at the top of my lungs. My best friend is on the roof of the school in the middle of a dangerous storm, his head down. And every member of the Pack stand behind him.

"Oh, Brice. Fragile, fragile little Brice. You do realize we will not hesitate a single second to push your friend four stories off a roof?" Lachlan teases, nudging Seto closer to the edge.

"No!" I shout, my voice slightly drowned out by the heavy rain. "No, I will surrender myself, everything I am, even my life to save Seto! He means everything to me, so why don't you just take me?!"

Seto raises his rain-drenched head, his brown eyes coated thickly with fear. He slowly shakes his head 'no' at me, meaning it's not worth it. I nod my head in protest. "Take me, leave Seto. Please," I plead.

The Pack exchange wicked looks and grins with each other and Preston pulls out something from behind his back. A blood-covered arrow and a worn out bow.

An immense ringing noise fills my head as memories come flooding back, making me fall to my knees in the wet grass, covering my ears. I scream out in pain.

"Brice! Brice!" I hear Seto scream, his terrorized voice fading further and further away by the millisecond. I fall onto my side, blackness over growing my mind.

* * *

I sit up with a jolt, my breathing fast. I look around the dorm, my heart slowly calming itself. I raise a hand and rest it on my forehead, attempting to make my lightheaded-ness fade away.

I glance at the bright green numbers of the alarm clock. 12:52. At least I didn't wake up Seto this time..