Chapter 16

My eyes squeeze shut, afraid to see who pulled Seto and I up. My eyes slowly open.

"Hey, glad to see you can look at us!" Jerome laughed.

Mitch is grinning beside him, his elbow on Seto's shoulder. I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much, guys."

They nod and we start to walk back to the school.

* * *

We're down the road from MAU when I speak up.

"Hey, how did you guys know about that way out?"

Mitch and Jerome give each other an uneasy glance.

"Uh... We'll tell you guys later when everyone else is around, okay?"

Seto and I exchange confused looks. "Alright," Seto says.

We walk into the lobby, me deciding to keep my head down. I do feel disappointed in myself that I got everyone into this, but I was glad that Seto and I escaped.

The guys and Tassy run over to us.

"Brice! Seto! Are you alright?" Tassy asks, pulling us into a hug.

"We're alright, Tassy."

Seto had his cloak hood over part of his face, so the victim symbol wasn't showing. To cover mine, I just wore a black turtle neck.

Mitch sighs. "Guys.. We have something to tell you."

Everyone's attention turns to them. "What is it?" Jason says.

"Jerome and I--" Mitch begins, but was cut off by the door bursting open.

The Pack stood in the door way, weapons in hand.

"Wow, this school has really bad security," Ty mumbles, drawing an iron sword I didn't even know he had.

Our group draws their weapons; Adam with a gold sword, Jason a bow, Seto with his magic, and I had an iron sword like Ty.

I look over at Mitch and Jerome, who have similar weapons to the Pack, a diamond sword and axe.

I squint my blue eyes, whispering to myself. "Wait a minute..."

Preston laughs, making me look forward again. "Well, well, well. Look at these two. Or should I say, rouges?"

At that, everyone looks at Jerome and Mitch, surprised and confused looks on their faces. The pair just continue glaring angerly at the enemies.

"So what! Our past is our past! It's over!" Mitch spits.

Vikk grins. "Well, that's not what your doubtful friends think."

They look over at us, and my heart sinks. Jerome speaks, breaking the silence. "You guys really aren't doubting us right now, right?"

"Guys.. You were apart of the Pack and you didn't tell us?" Adam says, a tiny bit of anger in his voice. Ty puts a hand on his shoulder.

"What's done is done, Adam. And soon the Pack will be too," Ty hisses, turning to the group, who still stand at the door.

"But Merome were members of them! How do we know we can still trust them?!" Jason spits, defending Adam.

Seto steps forward. "Are you really forgetting that Mitch and Jerome saved Brice and I! From the Pack!!"

I rubbed the back of my neck, accidently making the Pack's victim mark show. Tassy glanced at me a second time, her eyes wide, walking over to me.

She put her hand to the symbol of the sword and the axe, and then looked at Seto, the room now fully silent.

Seto sighed, slowly pulling down his hood, uncovering the marking on his cheek. Just to our luck, the Pack took this as the perfect time.

Preston shot a bow, an arrow hitting right into my shoulder, making me fall onto the ground.

Vikk, and Lachlan went after Ty, Adam and Jason, while Rob attacked Jerome and Mitch.

Seto fell to his knees beside me, shaking me to try to keep me awake. But soon enough I faded into darkness.